+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about "Bridging Open Work Permit"

ilmnn70

May 29, 2013
Hi guys.

I am one of those working in BC Northest region and planning to apply for BC PNP Entry and Semi-skilled Level.

I came in Canada 27th November 2012 with Working Holiday Visa.
And I started working 18th Feb 2013.

Briefly, the BC Nominee Program which I will apply for requires 9 months full-time working.
I can work 9 months with my current Working Holiday Visa.

During processing time of this program, I have to continue working.
In order to do that, I need to extend my work permit visa.

As to this I saw this information.

"Bridging Open Work Permit"

About eligibility

Bridging Open WP – Eligibility Parameters

To be eligible for a bridging open WP, the following parameters must be met:

The foreign national is currently in Canada;
They have valid status on a WP that is due to expire within 4 months;
They have received a positive eligibility decision on their PR application under one of the Economic Class programs above; and
They have made application for an open WP.

Determining if a Positive Eligibility Decision has been made

For the purposes of determining if a positive eligibility assessment has been made, the processor will review if the Eligibility Assessment value is

set to “Passed” in GCMS. If this decision has not been entered yet, for the purposes of this Operational Bulletin (OB), a “positive eligibility

decision” will also be considered made when it is confirmed in GCMS that:

PNP: the “Eligibility EC-QC/PNP” status has been set to “Passed” or the Acknowledgment of Receipt letter/e-mail has been sent by the Centralized

Intake Office (CIO).

It says I need 'positive eligibility decision' Is this means 'Nominated by BC PNP Office' ?

I already sent mail to BC PNP Office about this question.
I received like "Once you apply for work permit, you can be implied status which allows me continue working" , "Only if you nominated we can provide

work permit support letter(WPSL)" and "processing time would be approximately 8-12 weeks"

I have to apply for work permit 30 days before expiry of my visa. And It will be before applying BC PNP application.
In this situation, can I expect positive answer from CIC?
To be more specific,
Will they wait me till I get positive eligibility decision? or will they reject my application because I wouldn't include work permit support letter(WPSL)(or positive eligibility decision

If anybody was in same situation and received any results, please help me with that.
I am trying to find a way to apply for PNP application and extend work permit with my current visa and without LMO.

Thank you so much for reading!

marsiangal

Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Request
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
25-02-2013 DM....:20-06-2013 IN CANADA SINCE:...2008
LANDED..........
21-08-2013
I do not understand what your actual question is but the main points about the bridging work permit program is,
You can apply for one, so that you can continue working while waiting for your PR.
You can apply for one if you have already received eligibility, which means your PNP has been approved and they have sent you a letter of that and have started your PR process. Implied status just means that you can continue working even if you have not received the renewed work permit if you have sent a renewal application before your current work permit expires.

Goodluck!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

marsiangal said:
I do not understand what your actual question is but the main points about the bridging work permit program is,
You can apply for one, so that you can continue working while waiting for your PR.
You can apply for one if you have already received eligibility, which means your PNP has been approved and they have sent you a letter of that and have started your PR process. Implied status just means that you can continue working even if you have not received the renewed work permit if you have sent a renewal application before your current work permit expires.

Goodluck!
The nomination from PNP BC is not sufficient for a BOWP, the application has to receive an AOR from Sydney processing centre. The OP should note that there is no implied status on an IEC as it not extendible.