+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about attaching of Bank Statements and Education Documents in the PR application

Nihal_A

Star Member
Jul 16, 2020
Hello,

I have 2 questions, one about bank statements and one about the education documents.

1) BANK STATEMENTS QUESTION - I have got bank statements from all my banks (both Indian and American Banks) and I have got a gift deed (notarized) for a certain amount and a notarized affidavit for said gift deed. Should I combine all these documents into a single PDF and then upload it in the Proof of Funds section of the application? If not, please advise.

2) EDUCATION DEGREES/DIPLOMAS QUESTION - In this section, should I combine my Master's Degree Certificate, Bachelor's Degree Certificate, WES Education Credential Assessment (ECA) and the IELTS Scoresheet into a single PDF and upload it? If not, please advise.

Your responses are greatly appreciated and thanks in advance for them :)

mknox

Aug 18, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
1) Yes. You did not mention bank letter, when you say "statements", do you mean letter? Hope you have the letter, that's needed.

2) Not sure about this. You will normally be able to see whether separate upload tabs are created for each of your degrees in the document upload section. I only had one upload tab because I only claimed points for my highest qualification, which is what I put into the Study & Languages section—this generates an upload tab. I put the rest of my education into the Personal History section—this does not generate an upload tab. Either way, if you can see only one upload tab, then yes, combine everything you have listed into a single PDF.

Nihal_A

Star Member
Jul 16, 2020
1) Yes. You did not mention bank letter, when you say "statements", do you mean letter? Hope you have the letter, that's needed.

2) Not sure about this. You will normally be able to see whether separate upload tabs are created for each of your degrees in the document upload section. I only had one upload tab because I only claimed points for my highest qualification, which is what I put into the Study & Languages section—this generates an upload tab. I put the rest of my education into the Personal History section—this does not generate an upload tab. Either way, if you can see only one upload tab, then yes, combine everything you have listed into a single PDF.
Thank you for your response.

1) Yes, I do have the bank letter as well, along with the statements and the type of accounts I have. But due to Banking Regulations Act in India, the bank managers will mention minimal information on the letter and some managers even refuse to provide letters. So do you suggest I attach the bank letters, bank statements, gift deed and affidavit as a single file under Proof of Funds?

2) I also claimed points for my highest degree. But I'm thinking of attaching all those 4 documents - Master's, Bachelor's degrees, ECA and IELTS Scoresheet in a single file as I see only one place to upload Education Documents.

mknox

Aug 18, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
Thank you for your response.

1) Yes, I do have the bank letter as well, along with the statements and the type of accounts I have. But due to Banking Regulations Act in India, the bank managers will mention minimal information on the letter and some managers even refuse to provide letters. So do you suggest I attach the bank letters, bank statements, gift deed and affidavit as a single file under Proof of Funds?

2) I also claimed points for my highest degree. But I'm thinking of attaching all those 4 documents - Master's, Bachelor's degrees, ECA and IELTS Scoresheet in a single file as I see only one place to upload Education Documents.
1) Minimal information is fine. My bank (also from India) just said what the total closing balance was in Rupees and in Canadian dollars and how long I have had the account. Along with that, six months' statements should suffice.

2) Yes, this is fine to do. I would attach the highest qualification on top, then bachelor's, then ECA, then IELTS. There is no other place to attach ECA and IELTS because IRCC does not actually ask for these (they only ask for the date and the form number). But you must attach them nonetheless as there have been cases where they rejected an application for missing these two things. Attaching under education is fine. Some people also attach in LOE.

Nihal_A

Star Member
Jul 16, 2020
Wait, is it important for the banks to mention the converted rate in CAD? I thought I'll write that in the LOE. My US Bank also didn't do that and neither did the Indian Banks, so I have highlighted and mentioned it in the LOE (conversion rate plus INR to CAD and USD to CAD).

mknox

Aug 18, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
Wait, is it important for the banks to mention the converted rate in CAD? I thought I'll write that in the LOE. My US Bank also didn't do that and neither did the Indian Banks, so I have highlighted and mentioned it in the LOE (conversion rate plus INR to CAD and USD to CAD).
Well, it's fine I think. Not everybody's bank mentions the converted amount. I asked my bank to do it and they did. I don't know much about this particular topic, but there are cases where an application has gotten marked as "review required" due to currency being foreign. Search the forum for "currency review required". It seems like a very silly thing but it is what it is. It is a very good idea for you to mention what the converted amount is in your LOE.

Just thinking of how I would handle this if I were you. Here's an idea (and please note that my advice might not be the best). If I were you, I would use a currency converter like www.xe.com and input the exact balance in your bank account and convert to CAD. Then, I would take a good screenshot that shows the date on the taskbar of your computer along with the website URL in your browser. I would attach this screenshot right after my bank documents (same PDF) and point out in the LOE that the bank did not provide you with a conversion, so you have provided it alongside your financial docs, using such-and-such tool / website with the exchange rate as reflected on such-and-such date.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kunlexy007

Nihal_A

Star Member
Jul 16, 2020
Well, it's fine I think. Not everybody's bank mentions the converted amount. I asked my bank to do it and they did. I don't know much about this particular topic, but there are cases where an application has gotten marked as "review required" due to currency being foreign. Search the forum for "currency review required". It seems like a very silly thing but it is what it is. It is a very good idea for you to mention what the converted amount is in your LOE.
Thanks for that, I'll check it right away.