+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about applying for PRTD

Discussion in 'Settlement Issues' started by ChingChan2009, Oct 7, 2019.

  1. Hi, I am a long time surfer and first time poster.

    First of all, my wife and I would like to thank all of the ppl and posts here. We have been working hard on our PR for more than 2 years and all those hard works have finally paid off......

    Back to my question, my wife and I have landed in Canada 2 weeks ago, and now we are back to our home country without our PR cards (the cards are not delivered to us yet when we left) for settling work and family matters. As suggested by the Immigration Officer during our landing, in order to travel back to Canada, we have to apply the PRTD for both of us.

    We are planning to travel back to Canada and settle ourselves in Jan 2020.

    As read from the Canada.ca, we have to fill out the following form, one per each of us:

    My question is at Part 2: Question 16: Absence while accompanying a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident outside Canada.
    Both my wife and I are not employed by any Canadian business or the federal or provincial public service in Canada, but we are both PR and are accompanying each other...
    So my question is, what should we fill in for this part? I am thinking should we either:
    a) Check the "No" option? or
    b) Check the "Yes" option, fill out both "Name of person you accompanied" and "Relationship to you" only, but not filling in the "They are......" part?

    It would be great if someone with experiences on applying PRTD would suggest us on this part.

    Thanks, and wish everyone good luck on your PR/VISA/Citizenship
  2. If you can get someone to mail your PR card to you once they are received in Canada, you need not apply for prtd. You need a prtd only if you need to travel and are not able to get PR card in time

    You have to select no for that question. It is meant for a non resident who is accompanying a resident
  3. The "accompanying" section is not applicable to you. The answer is "No".

Share This Page