+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question

garridofdez

Sep 10, 2020
Hello.

I want to move with my wife and 4 years old son. We live in Cuba. I want to know how much money do we need for it (all expences). Can someone provide me this information please?

Thank you very much.

computer_leprechaun

Sep 9, 2020
There's some costs that are optional, and some that are not. For example, non-optional costs (all in CAD):
  • WES credential assessment: $150-250
  • IELTS test administration: $300-350
  • Permanent residency application costs & fees: ~$1,000-1,200 including application, card, etc.
  • Cost of getting a background check, getting letters of reference, postage, etc. - ??? - probably in the hundreds CAD
  • Costs of travel - up to you. May include costs of a quarantine space, etc.
I don't think you get out of it for less than $2,000 CAD at minimum. If you use a service, a consultant, or an attorney, it can go up substantially. Personally, I had an attorney, and probably spent around $6,000 CAD by the time everything was said and done, including everything above, attorney's fees, space for quarantine, flights, and so on. Expect a reputable consultation service to be at least in the hundreds of dollars CAD, and attorneys to reach into the thousands, depending on what exactly they're doing for you.

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
OP doesn't need a lawyer or consultant unless they need help with translation or have a complicated case.

In terms of the total costs for FSW, then you need $2,875 for the application and right of permanent residence (RPRF) fees for two adults and one child.

It is free to create an Express Entry profile but as mentioned the associated costs include several hundred dollars for IELTS scores, ECA reports, police certificates, medical exams, translations, etc.

Finally, there is the cost of flights and the $19,836 proof of funds requirement. That amount doesn't need to be spent, but must be shown to cover your living expenses for your first few months in Canada while you find jobs.

Reactions: computer_leprechaun

computer_leprechaun

Sep 9, 2020
OP doesn't need a lawyer or consultant unless they need help with translation or have a complicated case.

In terms of the total costs for FSW, then you need $2,875 for the application and right of permanent residence (RPRF) fees for two adults and one child.

It is free to create an Express Entry profile but as mentioned the associated costs include several hundred dollars for IELTS scores, ECA reports, police certificates, medical exams, translations, etc.

Finally, there is the cost of flights and the $19,836 proof of funds requirement. That amount doesn't need to be spent, but must be shown to cover your living expenses for your first few months in Canada while you find jobs.
Sorry, yes, I should have said that all of my figures are per person for the applicant only. And yes, the proof of funds is important! The application is structured in such a way that it is unlikely you cannot afford to apply, yet can afford to move and live in Canada.