+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question

VeronikaDd

Dec 11, 2018
Hello! My husband is here with a visitor visa and we got married just recently here in Ontario. I am now preparing the sponsorship documents for him. 1st question i have is "class of application" can i choose "spouse or common law partner in canada class or outside of canada under family class? Also on supporting documents for sponsored person in the checklist after the passport is "if you(the principal Applicant )are living in canada provide proof of your status or if you do not have status please provide the letter with explanation . Its confusing . . Also they want a birth certifcerti so its from.back home do i have to translate it to a certified translator or? Thank you!!

canaussie3014

Nov 7, 2016
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28-01-2019
AOR Received.
03-15-2019
Med's Request
03-29-2019
Med's Done....
04-4-2019
If your husband is planning on staying in Canada while the application is being processed then choose the in Canada class, you can also apply for the open work permit so he can work whilst you wait for approval. If any of the documents are in languages other than English or French you will need to have it translated and certified.