+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUestion

Shian moore

Sep 23, 2016
good night. I have an interview and was told to take additional evidence. Can I take any amount of pictures ? Like 100

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
good night. I have an interview and was told to take additional evidence. Can I take any amount of pictures ? Like 100
Yes, you can take as many as you wanted. But to be honest, from the prior cases I have read, VO rarely reviewed any additional evidences, unless those that they required that listed on the interview letter. Anyway, it doesn't matter, just bring all of them with you to the interview and good luck!

Reactions: Shian moore

Shian moore

Sep 23, 2016
Yes, you can take as many as you wanted. But to be honest, from the prior cases I have read, VO rarely reviewed any additional evidences, unless those that they required that listed on the interview letter. Anyway, it doesn't matter, just bring all of them with you to the interview and good luck!
Thank you

JulianaAndrew

Feb 14, 2017
Colombia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
App. Filed.......
26-07-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A and PCC: 01-09-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1: 01-09-2017, AOR2: 19-09-2017
File Transfer...
15-09-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
23-01-2018
Interview........
06-12-2017 - Passed
Passport Req..
06-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2018
LANDED..........
10-03-2018
Focus on quality, not quantity.

JulianaAndrew

Feb 14, 2017
Colombia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
App. Filed.......
26-07-2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-09-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
23-01-2018
Interview........
06-12-2017 - Passed
Passport Req..
06-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2018
LANDED..........
10-03-2018
It is for interview and it has been long gone for the quantity over quality thing.
You are wrong. Quality over quantity will always be the best way to go. If quantity goes along with quality, then great. If not, quality is still more important.

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
You are wrong. Quality over quantity will always be the best way to go. If quantity goes along with quality, then great. If not, quality is still more important.
If you ever read cases been through interview, you will know that VO rarely review any evidences you bring with you there, unless those listed on the interview request letter. And for the people to attend the interview, it is normal and logical that more evidences they can bring with them, the more secure and confidence that they will feel. And it is also true that for most of those people, the interview is the last chance to demonstrate to VO that they are qualified and should be approved, so they intend to bring more, not less, in case they though they would leave important evidences behind, and getting denied, then to be regretted not bringing more.

That is what I say it has been long gone for thinking quantity over quality.

JulianaAndrew

Feb 14, 2017
Colombia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
App. Filed.......
26-07-2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-09-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
23-01-2018
Interview........
06-12-2017 - Passed
Passport Req..
06-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2018
LANDED..........
10-03-2018
If you ever read cases been through interview, you will know that VO rarely review any evidences you bring with you there, unless those listed on the interview request letter. And for the people to attend the interview, it is normal and logical that more evidences they can bring with them, the more secure and confidence that they will feel. And it is also true that for most of those people, the interview is the last chance to demonstrate to VO that they are qualified and should be approved, so they intend to bring more, not less, in case they though they would leave important evidences behind, and getting denied, then to be regretted not bringing more.

That is what I say it has been long gone for thinking quantity over quality.
I have read plenty of cases that needed an interview as part of my preparing process, which took about a month, and I faced an interview myself. Still, despite all you are saying, quality over quantity is the advice to anyone submitting proofs of the relationship at any point, and this advice doesn't come from only me. 100 meaningless, bad pictures are worthless, while 10 pictures showing the genuineness of the relationship are way more useful. Also, the immigration officers won't bother looking at the 100 pictures when they have plenty of other things to do. But chances are higher they'd look at 10 pictures instead. When I went in for my interview, my evidences were less than 100 pages of stuff, and they took more than an hour to review them. What do you think would happen if people bring 1000 to their interviews? They won't look at all of them. In addition to that, 100 pictures alone won't do much, one needs more evidence to prove the relationship. For instance, proving that the relationship has been ongoing throughout the time of the sponsorship application is one of the most important sets of evidences.

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
My partner has an interview on the 19th next month. The email they sent him did not ask him to bring any further proof of evidence of relationship, only an updated PCC and driving record. I am nevertheless going to collect and bring to my partner more emails, Western union bills, forms I filled out to be his rep for CRA and emails and bills from the immigration lawyer a few years ago and emails from when I corresponded with his workplace when his work visa expired, plus more email messages, pictures and passport stamps from after we submitted our app. I don't know what else he should bring as our GCMS notes didn't indicate the exact things they were concerned about. But I guess I would for sure bring evidence from when the application was in process to show the relationship is still ongoing.

geografa

Apr 30, 2017
My partner has an interview on the 19th next month. The email they sent him did not ask him to bring any further proof of evidence of relationship, only an updated PCC and driving record. I am nevertheless going to collect and bring to my partner more emails, Western union bills, forms I filled out to be his rep for CRA and emails and bills from the immigration lawyer a few years ago and emails from when I corresponded with his workplace when his work visa expired, plus more email messages, pictures and passport stamps from after we submitted our app. I don't know what else he should bring as our GCMS notes didn't indicate the exact things they were concerned about. But I guess I would for sure bring evidence from when the application was in process to show the relationship is still ongoing.
Here is my lingering doubt regarding evidence: people often speak of western union transfers as being crucial to show financial support but my partner and I have joint bank accounts (Canadian) and neither of us make enough money (especially him in Argentina) to send cash to eachother. Our system is to take turns paying for my flight to visit him and paying for things while I'm there. I have no idea how we would prove ongoing financial dependence if they ask for it. Majesty, do you guys also have shared bank accounts?

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
Here is my lingering doubt regarding evidence: people often speak of western union transfers as being crucial to show financial support but my partner and I have joint bank accounts (Canadian) and neither of us make enough money (especially him in Argentina) to send cash to eachother. Our system is to take turns paying for my flight to visit him and paying for things while I'm there. I have no idea how we would prove ongoing financial dependence if they ask for it. Majesty, do you guys also have shared bank accounts?
I am mostly bringing in evidence from after we submitted the application which they are not aware of, to show evidence of and ongoing marriage-like relationship. We don't have a joint bank account as there really is no point since he has a job and supports himself in Chile and I have a job here and support myself. We did get joint credit cards, but he only used it once to buy plane tickets. However, he has mostly been using his company credit card as he had to pay for his travel expenses for work and that was most of his expenses as he was away from home the majority of the time. I cancelled the credit card recently because I had to pay a fee for the credit card and pay extra for an additional card for him. I will get another card for him, but only if I know he can get his PR here. I am bringing some other documents to show we had financial interdependence and to show that we have a relationship beyond two people just dating even after our 12 month cohabitation period. As we have been together for 5 years almost, we had a lot of things happen to us where we relied on each other, not just to buy plane tickets/book and pay for travel arrangements for each other (which we did), but stuff like me getting level 2(?) authorization to be a representative for my partner so I could get his income tax refund cheque reissued (long story) and paying for immigration lawyer fees when we tried to figure out a way for him to come back to Canada after his LMIA got rejected as well as me corresponding with his workplace while he was trying to get his LMIA approved. It's complicated!

Because they only ask for one or 2 pieces of evidence to prove financial interdependence in each category in the application forms, I remembered, we didn't submit a lot of this other evidence. However, as they have asked my partner to go for an interview, they probably have doubts about how our relationship might not be "marriage-like" and/or ongoing ... no couple who is just dating would go to such lengths to support the other person or to trust the other person to this extent, so I'm bringing all this stuff just in case they don't believe in the genuiness of our relationship.

He sent me money through Western Union only once after we submitted for the application fee and for our travel expenses as I paid for his plane tickets when he came to visit me twice last year and in 2016. When we lived together, he gave me money when he got paid, but in cash, so it was hard to prove he shared in the expenses. I will maybe try to copy some of my old bank statements to show the deposits I made.