+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question? What is Complete/full academic years?

ibrahimkodssi

Apr 21, 2015
Hello every one,

I obtained a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering. It included 1 year of Foundation followed by 4 years of Undergraduate studies. It was in American System that has semesters and credit hours. My ECA report states that my degree is equivalent to Bachelor's degree (four years).

What should i enter in the "Complete/full academic years" field for express entry application?

bj291

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
ibrahimkodssi said:
Hello every one,

I obtained a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering. It included 1 year of Foundation followed by 4 years of Undergraduate studies. It was in American System that has semesters and credit hours. My ECA report states that my degree is equivalent to Bachelor's degree (four years).

What should i enter in the "Complete/full academic years" field for express entry application?
When you click on the little question mark on top of that question in the form - it says the number of years as "Supported by a final transcript."

So how many years does your transcript say? If it says 5 years then put 5 or else put 4.

ibrahimkodssi

Apr 21, 2015
On my transcript, it shows 2 semesters(1 year) as foundation courses and 8 semesters (4 years) as Undergraduate

so shall i write 4 or 5?

pedro2121

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
Hello everybody,

I completed my bachelor degree in 9 semesters (September 2002 to February 2007), My ECA report states that my degree is equivalent to Bachelor's degree (four years)

what should i enter in the "Complete/full academic years" field for express entry application? 4 or 5?

fplaruccia

Apr 5, 2018
Hey guys,

Here goes my question, while filling up the Express Entry form i came across a certain doubt, under the
  • Education

• What is your highest level of education
We have an option of 2+ Diploma/Certificate/Degree with one been 3+ years

Well, iv done my Bachelor degree in Malaysia with a 1 year foundation course and a 3 year degree program. Am i able to use this 1 year foundation as a Certificate and go for the 2+ option or my foundation does not count?

Cheers guys,

usman993

Jun 22, 2018
Hey guys,

Here goes my question, while filling up the Express Entry form i came across a certain doubt, under the
  • Education

• What is your highest level of education
We have an option of 2+ Diploma/Certificate/Degree with one been 3+ years

Well, iv done my Bachelor degree in Malaysia with a 1 year foundation course and a 3 year degree program. Am i able to use this 1 year foundation as a Certificate and go for the 2+ option or my foundation does not count?

Cheers guys,
Hi,
I have the same question :1 year foundation course and a 3 year degree program. Am i able to use this 1 year foundation as a Certificate and go for the 2+ option or my foundation does not count?
Appreciate your help

Masyafcitizen

Mar 15, 2020
Hello guys,
1- I completed my 5 years Master's in 6 years as I failed a semester that I had to retake, should I put 5 full academic years or 6 ?
2- What should I write in the "To" date, the day when I got my diploma delivered ?
Thanks !

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
@PMM @canuck78
What should we write in no.of "complete/full academic years" for Canadian education if a student completes a 2 year program in 1 year WITHOUT any academic breaks?