+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question Urgent Processing

rajbeer219

Jun 14, 2012
Me and my wife are scheduled for citizenship test on 25th October but yesterday she came to know about her father critcal sickness. She called CIC about urgent processing the citizenship file as her PR card is expired.

They informed her to send 2 different web forms.
One for requesting urgent processing and second to cancel her citizenship test.
Does anyone have similar experience, how much time they take in urgent processing? Is it even worth doing it?

AbdelAllah

Aug 24, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Me and my wife are scheduled for citizenship test on 25th October but yesterday she came to know about her father critcal sickness. She called CIC about urgent processing the citizenship file as her PR card is expired.

Does anyone have similar experience, how much time they take in urgent processing? Is it even worth doing it?
Sorry to hear about your father in law illness, bro and I hope he recovers soon.
Regarding your question, in general if the application is accepted for Urgent Processing, there are nothing on the CIC website that tells how soon it will be processed, but from the colleagues here in this forum, it would take 3-4 months since application is sent till the oath. But better to check with the CIC.

The concern I see in your case, is the expired PR, as in this case, as if your wife travels:
- She won't be able to return without it.
- I'm not if she applies for a travel document through the Canadian Embassy in father in law country, it will be accepted or not -very tricky-.
- Not guaranteed, but Some people reported that they managed to come to Canada on an expired PR through the USA boarders.

There is a process for Urgent Processing for renewing the PR Card, https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/apply-renew-replace/urgent.html

All the best.

~A

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

If it's a priority for her to see her father, forget about the urgent processing and just travel. She will need a PR Travel Document to return since her PR card has expired. Provided she meets the residency requirement - she will have no issues getting one approved (she will need to apply once she is outside of Canada). Alternatively she can fly back to the US and re-enter Canada by land. This is very easily done provided she has the right visa to enter the US.