+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question!- Urgent Answer Please!

kemerloo

Star Member
Feb 21, 2013
Hello.

I really need an answer to my question. I received my pay check for 43 hours for 2 weeks. and I'm a student so I guess it should only be 40 right? given that you are paid bi-weekly.

I only worked 39.5 hours for those 2 weeks but I ended up having 43.

So it was like 38 for the regular pay then 1.30 for overtime. then 3:42 hours for holiday pay.

Is it a violation?

I'm really stressed right now. I hope someone will answer my question. :(

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

kemerloo said:
Hello.

I really need an answer to my question. I received my pay check for 43 hours for 2 weeks. and I'm a student so I guess it should only be 40 right? given that you are paid bi-weekly.

I only worked 39.5 hours for those 2 weeks but I ended up having 43.

So it was like 38 for the regular pay then 1.30 for overtime. then 3:42 hours for holiday pay.

Is it a violation?

I'm really stressed right now. I hope someone will answer my question. :(

1. Things are not like what you are assuming, such 'things' do happen with students all the time.
2. Speaking off the record, the ONLY problem is CBSA or when you apply for extension or PGWP with CIC. Since June 2014, schools are bound to report the enrollment status of international students to CIC, and once they know what you are doing, you are basically done forever (depend how serious issue is). For instance;

A. Taking long unscheduled breaks,
B. Working full time for a long duration,
C. Not registered and enrolled for any classes,
D. Enrolled but not registered for any courses,
D. Taking too long to complete the course,
E. Misuse of academic probation period when you are out of school.

Things are too easy in Canada but once you break the law, you better forget you will get a second chance, and that's the toughest reality.