+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question: TRV for minor child from inside Canada

saeidataei

Jun 30, 2023
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Hello everyone,

I am currently on a work permit in Canada, and my child is residing here as a student. I wanted to seek guidance regarding a situation we are facing.

My child's study permit was obtained before my work permit, and unfortunately, his visa has now expired. In order for my child to travel, I am looking to apply for a visitor visa on their behalf. However, when I select his status as a student and choose to obtain a TRV, the document list requires proof of next year's enrollment. Since I have acquired my work permit, my child is now attending a public school, and I do not have a letter confirming their enrollment for the upcoming year.

I am uncertain whether I can submit my work permit as an alternative document and provide a clarification letter to explain our circumstances. If anyone has experienced a similar situation or has knowledge about alternative ways to apply for a TRV for a child from inside Canada, I would greatly appreciate your insights.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hello everyone,

I am currently on a work permit in Canada, and my child is residing here as a student. I wanted to seek guidance regarding a situation we are facing.

My child's study permit was obtained before my work permit, and unfortunately, his visa has now expired. In order for my child to travel, I am looking to apply for a visitor visa on their behalf. However, when I select his status as a student and choose to obtain a TRV, the document list requires proof of next year's enrollment. Since I have acquired my work permit, my child is now attending a public school, and I do not have a letter confirming their enrollment for the upcoming year.

I am uncertain whether I can submit my work permit as an alternative document and provide a clarification letter to explain our circumstances. If anyone has experienced a similar situation or has knowledge about alternative ways to apply for a TRV for a child from inside Canada, I would greatly appreciate your insights.
If you have WP, then apply for a Study Permit first and then a TRV against it to travel

If you want to apply an inland Visitors visa you could do that as well

Good Luck

Reactions: saeidataei

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone,

You can just state that your child will keep on attending the local school based on your catchment area. That should be fine. Enrolment letter is important for international students studying alone in Canada when their parents don’t have status in Canada. I would include a copy your WP and ask for expiry date of the study permit to coincide with the end of your WP.

Reactions: saeidataei

damitdada

Star Member
Jul 3, 2017
If you have WP, then apply for a Study Permit first and then a TRV against it to travel

If you want to apply an inland Visitors visa you could do that as well

Good Luck
If a minor is on study permit and has a TRV, both of which are expiring soon and also has a visitor record for 2 more years (parents are on WP), is it possible to apply for a TRV without living Canada and applying for a study permit? Like can they send a paper application or apply to out of Canada visa office while being in Canada?

Thanks in advance