+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question to PMM "Interview"

tikhacoffee

Oct 20, 2005
Hello PMM, thanks in advance for your answer. Sorry to bother you.

I applied in november 2004 for PR in Buffalo, I'm not in Canada, I'm a US citizen. I got a letter last january saying that I had to attend an interview, but it's been almost a year and they haven't told me the date yet. I've seen people getting their interview in a 3 - 6 months period. And I've even heard of people getting the date with the IA letter.

Is all this waiting a bad sign??? Could there be anything wrong with my case??? The lawyer I hired to handle my application says that it takes some time because they run the BG check before the interview, but I thought that it was after the interview. Anyway the lawyer doesn't help much and I got a reply from Buffalo saying that I was still on queue.

Thanks a lot for your guidance!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

tikhacoffee said:
Hello PMM, thanks in advance for your answer. Sorry to bother you.

I applied in november 2004 for PR in Buffalo, I'm not in Canada, I'm a US citizen. I got a letter last january saying that I had to attend an interview, but it's been almost a year and they haven't told me the date yet. I've seen people getting their interview in a 3 - 6 months period. And I've even heard of people getting the date with the IA letter.

Is all this waiting a bad sign??? Could there be anything wrong with my case??? The lawyer I hired to handle my application says that it takes some time because they run the BG check before the interview, but I thought that it was after the interview. Anyway the lawyer doesn't help much and I got a reply from Buffalo saying that I was still on queue.

Thanks a lot for your guidance!
It seems an extremely long time for the interview. I would suggest that you order you CAIPS notes to determine what the problem is. See: either caipsnotes.com or caips.ca
The background check are not usually done prior to the interview, unless there was a problem with the background checks that were the cause of the interview requirement.

PMM

tikhacoffee

Oct 20, 2005
Thanks a lot for your reply! I ordered the notes when we found out about the interview in january. The notes said that the interview was to confirm the relationship with my partner and it had a Bring Forward date in august 2006. Nothing happened in august so we ordered the notes again and it was the same file with a Bring Forward date in September. Nothing happened in september so we don't know what's going on!

Thanks a lot again!