+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question related to filling form IMM1295E

Matheswaran

Jun 4, 2018
Hi,

I'm filling for IMM1295E which has below question under background information.

b) Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country or territory?

Last year I applied for US Business visa and it got rejected at US consulate Mumbai. So, should I mark this as 'Y' and specify reason? I don't exactly know why it was rejected except they just told me that I didn't provide enough evidence but I applied the visa through office and they basically verified mountain of documents.

How should I write this reason, without sounding potential migrant?

Also,

c) Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada?

I did apply for 'express entry' and since I'd a score of 400, I didn't receive ITA. So, should I mention this as Yes as well?

Matheswaran

Jun 4, 2018
Hi,

I'm filling for IMM1295E which has below question under background information.

b) Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country or territory?

Last year I applied for US Business visa and it got rejected at US consulate Mumbai. So, should I mark this as 'Y' and specify reason? I don't exactly know why it was rejected except they just told me that I didn't provide enough evidence but I applied the visa through office and they basically verified mountain of documents.

How should I write this reason, without sounding potential migrant?

Also,

c) Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada?

I did apply for 'express entry' and since I'd a score of 400, I didn't receive ITA. So, should I mention this as Yes as well?

I've typed this as answer. Please let me know if this is ok. Also, the text field length is limited by size thus I couldn't write more.

2b) In February 2019, applied for Business Visa to attend a meeting with Clinc Inc in Michigan. Being a Tech lead, I wasn't given Business Visa.
2c) Applied for Express Entry but never received ITA.

ingoingoingo

Star Member
Jan 25, 2020
Alberta
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
3111 (CRS 1058)
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
31-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-03-2020
AOR Received.
07-02-2020
IELTS Request
30-11-2019
Med's Done....
07-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2020
LANDED..........
29-09-2020
I've typed this as answer. Please let me know if this is ok. Also, the text field length is limited by size thus I couldn't write more.

2b) In February 2019, applied for Business Visa to attend a meeting with Clinc Inc in Michigan. Being a Tech lead, I wasn't given Business Visa.
2c) Applied for Express Entry but never received ITA.
You certainly need to declare the first refusal. US and Canada share this information, so it will be withholding information if you do not declare. I think you could be clearer in your information provided. For example, making changes as appropriate...

“On <exact date>, I/my employer submitted a B1 Temporary Business Visitor visa application to the United States. This was to attend a meeting in Michigan. This was refused due to xxx.” Then anything else explanatory that is the truth, like your role was technology lead and your employer decided not to re-apply.

For the second, you haven’t applied to Canada. You’ve expressed an interest by being in Express Entry pool. But you’ve never received an ITA (an “invitation to apply”). So you haven’t applied to enter or remain in Canada. You can declare “NO” and leave this blank.

Matheswaran

Jun 4, 2018
You certainly need to declare the first refusal. US and Canada share this information, so it will be withholding information if you do not declare. I think you could be clearer in your information provided. For example, making changes as appropriate...

“On <exact date>, I/my employer submitted a B1 Temporary Business Visitor visa application to the United States. This was to attend a meeting in Michigan. This was refused due to xxx.” Then anything else explanatory that is the truth, like your role was technology lead and your employer decided not to re-apply.

For the second, you haven’t applied to Canada. You’ve expressed an interest by being in Express Entry pool. But you’ve never received an ITA (an “invitation to apply”). So you haven’t applied to enter or remain in Canada. You can declare “NO” and leave this blank.
Thank you for this.

While we're at it, would you know if I can apply for SOWP (I've TRV V1-visitor visa) with my spouse (primary application who holds W1-worker visa) staying in India. Her travel plan is delayed by 2 months because of corona outbreak.

While she's waiting here in India, can I apply SOWP with just her visa stamping (and without work permit - that gets issues at port / entry).