+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question regarding with OSAP and Payment Assistance

Iloveqinqin

Mar 20, 2018
Hello, everyone:

I am new to this forum and I like how everyone always help other for immigration application. Now I am happy to be part of the forum.

I have question regarding with OSAP and Payment Assistance.

I am married with my lovely wife last October and I am filling out our Spousal Sponsorship application, which I will be sponsoring my wife to Canada.

I am currently hold full time employment and making about 4.5K annually. I have about 20K OSAP still owning. I recently applied for OSAP payment assistance and they approved my application.

Question regarding with eligibility with regarding social assistance. Is OSAP Payment assistance considered as social assistance? If i am on payment assistance, does that mean I am in social assistance program?

I need know this because if this does considered as social assistance, I will call National Student Loan Service Center to cancel my payment assistance.

Thanks in Advance.
Best Regard

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
given your very low annual salary you will need to show how you plan to support yourselves without any financial assistance. Not sure how you can live on 4.5k a year.

Iloveqinqin

Mar 20, 2018
given your very low annual salary you will need to show how you plan to support yourselves without any financial assistance. Not sure how you can live on 4.5k a year.
My bad. I am currently making 45K and my last year bonus was 5K. Plus I have about 30K in saving. 4.5K a year is perfect fine if someone budgeting their finances. My wife will also find work after she settled in Canada.