+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question regarding the Pakistani NIC to be included in the application

ajangbar

Feb 20, 2013
Hey,

I am currently applying under the CEC for immigration and I am initially from Pakistan and we have a national identity card or NICOP....

My question is that should I include that in the application and if I should then where can I get it certified?

Really need your help on this guys.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
ajangbar said:
Hey,

I am currently applying under the CEC for immigration and I am initially from Pakistan and we have a national identity card or NICOP.... My question is that should I include that in the application and if I should then where can I get it certified?

It is on the document checklist, so, yes, you need to include it. A plain photocopy is all that is required, unless it is not in English or French.

If you need to get it translated, then -
1) You need a certified photocopy of the original language document
2) A translation of the document into English or French) - original document
3) Translator's affidavit - this requirement is waived if you use a certified translator in Canada

It is easier to provide "Where to get it" advice if you tell us where you are - City/Province. "Canada" is a big place :)

ajangbar

Feb 20, 2013
Hey,

Thanks so much for your response. I am currently in Mississauga Ontario and i would appreciate if you guys can point out a place where i can get the NIC copy notarized.

The document is in URDU (National Pakistani Language) and i would need to have it translated and certified. So could you recommend me a place where i can get the NIC card notarized.

lithium002

Nov 11, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb/07/2013
Doc's Request.
Aug/22/2013
AOR Received.
Mar/19/2013
Med's Request
Dec/01/2013
Med's Done....
Dec/09/2013
Passport Req..
Mar/13/2014
VISA ISSUED...
Mar/26/2014
LANDED..........
Mar/30/2014
Google is your friend. All you need to do is search for public notaries in Mississauga, and have one of them certify a photocopy of the NIC. The bigger thing to find is someone you know (can't be a relative) who will be willing to translate the NIC into English, and then write an affidavit attesting that they are fluent in both languages. The affidavit would need to be stamped by a commissioner of oaths.

Senior

Star Member
Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10, 2012
AOR Received.
Aug 30, 2012
It would be a lot easier if you can get this done from Pakistan. Do you have family/friends there?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
ajangbar said:
Hey,

Thanks so much for your response. I am currently in Mississauga Ontario and i would appreciate if you guys can point out a place where i can get the NIC copy notarized.

The document is in URDU (National Pakistani Language) and i would need to have it translated and certified. So could you recommend me a place where i can get the NIC card notarized.
Search the Association of Translators and Interpreters of Ontario for a certified translator. They can provide a certified translation (then no need for the affidavit).
http://search.atio.on.ca/search/index/1

A quick google search turns up a lot of notary services that will make certified copies. It's possible that your certified translator can also do that. You can also check with the city court house and/or Service Canada to see if a Commissioner of Oaths will provide that service. (I had mine done for free at my Service Canada, but that was a few years ago).