+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question regarding the new LMIA application

billydinh94

Mar 27, 2013
Hi guys,

I have been working in Canada for a year now under my Post-graduation work permit and it will expire in late August. My employer and I sent the LMIA application but got disapproved because it was incomplete. The reason is, for two of the criteria with check boxes require my employer to check on them but he did not. Those criteria are the ones that say my employer need to cover my transportation fee and my health insurance fee. I am having a health insurance right now and can totally afford my transportation. There is no reason for my employer to cover those fees. Therefore I am asking if there is a way (a legal document for example) for my employer to waive those two criteria and that Service Canada would accept it.

Will be very thankful if someone can give me a solution :) :) :)

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, if Service Canada requires the attestations to be completed, your employer has to do so or the LMIA won't be approved. This is not optional unfortunately.

prashanthbv

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
Glad that Service Canada has atleast mentioned to you what was not filled in the form. When i applied it was returned twice. First time they just mentioned " in complete form". They havent mentioned what was not filled. We have sent it the second time and they returned it saying old forms were used as the forms changed on the same day we have sent the application. Now applied for the third time and waiting since a month for an update.