+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question regarding the letter of Intend and re-establishment in Canada

stavan2003

Jan 31, 2015
Hi,

I am a Canadian citizen leaving exclusively outside Canada and sponsoring my husband from outside Canada. I have started filling out my applications but got confused regarding the Letter of Intent and re-establishment.

In application IMM5540E, question number 11) "Are you currently living in Canada?" states a date for the return plans in Canada. I am not sure when my husband will get his PR so what should I exactly mention in the return date?

They also ask for re-establishment plans and they require details. Even in the Document Checklist, point 20 they ask to include proof that we intent to stay in Canada once spouse, dependent children get permanent residence. My confusion is regarding that whether I should write a letter of intent separately including proofs or just include in the question 11) of IMM5540E (re-establishment plans) the letter of intent to return to Canada? Both means the same thing but how should I present my explanation to CIC? Please advise, need guidance.

Thanks!!

wowsers

Feb 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is no set procedure for presenting the information. As I recollect in the application I drafted for my Canadian sponsor I wrote a separate screed, cross-referred to in the form, stating that she wished to return to her native city in Canada, where she already had a house, to retire but that she would only return if and when I had my residency granted and was able to accompany her. It was rather longer than just that of course, going into detail about her family from whom she had been parted for so long, but you get the idea: nothing technical but sufficient to satisfy the condition! It did not take the form of a letter, but you could present it that way if you wished. Form is unimportant: the contents alone matters.