+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question regarding The date of the Physical Presence Calculator

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hi! In the checklist, they mention that "The date of the Physical Presence Calculator must be the same as the signature date of the application form". What does "The date of the Physical Presence Calculator" refer to here, the date you fill it out, or the indicated application date when you fill it to do the calculation? Thanks in advance

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Landing: Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
It means that you need to make the presence calculator date match the day you plan on signing your application. So of you plan to mail your app on December 1st, you would put the same date on your calculator and sign your app the same day. They want them to match because the calculator needs to be based on the past 5 years from the date you sign the app.

Reactions: CaBeaver and jc94

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
It means that you need to make the presence calculator date match the day you plan on signing your application. So of you plan to mail your app on December 1st, you would put the same date on your calculator and sign your app the same day. They want them to match because the calculator needs to be based on the past 5 years from the date you sign the app.
OK, that makes sense. But the checklist wasn't clear to me because when we print the physical presence calculator, the printing date appears on the pages, too. I wanted to make sure they aren't talking about this date, but about the application date in the calculator. Thanks for replying.

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Landing: Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
OK, that makes sense. But the checklist wasn't clear to me because when we print the physical presence calculator, the printing date appears on the pages, too. I wanted to make sure they aren't talking about this date, but about the application date in the calculator. Thanks for replying.
Ah, yes I understand. The print date doesnt matter.

Reactions: CaBeaver

Nreddy

Star Member
Feb 18, 2016
Ah, yes I understand. The print date doesnt matter.
Hi,

I have a same question here. in the application form they ask us to "enter the to date from physical presence calculator" if I do enter it the eligibility period in application form isn't same as Physical presence calculator.

I gave the signed application date in physical presence calculator as 31st march 2021. hence the eligibility period in this form came out as "2016-03-31 to 2021-03-30"

at the same time when I enter the " to date from physical presence calculator" in application form, the eligibility period coming up as "2016-03-30 to 2021-03-30"

please advise.!

tammy_z

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
Hi,

I have a same question here. in the application form they ask us to "enter the to date from physical presence calculator" if I do enter it the eligibility period in application form isn't same as Physical presence calculator.

I gave the signed application date in physical presence calculator as 31st march 2021. hence the eligibility period in this form came out as "2016-03-31 to 2021-03-30"

at the same time when I enter the " to date from physical presence calculator" in application form, the eligibility period coming up as "2016-03-30 to 2021-03-30"

please advise.!
I noticed that the 'to' date in the eligibility period is a day earlier than the 'appilcation date'

Nreddy

Star Member
Feb 18, 2016
Hello Everyone,

can someone advise, if implied status considered for Canada citizenship as a legal physical presence?.

I was in implied status for 1 and half month before I received my PR. Now while applying the Canada Citizenship application can I still include those implied status days as "Temporary worker" since I was working full-time during my implied status to Canadian Employer while myself living in Canada.!

please advise.!

Thnx

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
I noticed that the 'to' date in the eligibility period is a day earlier than the 'appilcation date'
What I did was just writing an explanation letter and explaining the situation, because it’s not our fault. It’s either a technical issue or an intentional default setting in the form. So, don’t worry. An important thing that matters is that all people have the same issue! If you’re a picky person like me, you can write an explanation letter for ease of your mind.

RR_11

Apr 13, 2020
What I did was just writing an explanation letter and explaining the situation, because it’s not our fault. It’s either a technical issue or an intentional default setting in the form. So, don’t worry. An important thing that matters is that all people have the same issue! If you’re a picky person like me, you can write an explanation letter for ease of your mind.

Hello @RJ2020, I think your idea of adding it in a letter of explanation is perfect. Can you advise what did you write in the letter to explain it?