+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question regarding reference letter from current employer

nancygator

Star Member
Feb 17, 2017
hi guys,

After ITA, am preparing documents right now. For reference letters, if i did not claim points with my current employment, should I have the reference letter for it? Coz I do not want my current employer know that I am gonna leave. Someone suggests to put my current employment in personal history instead of employment history. Will this work? Can anyone had similar experience give some advices pls? Many thanks.

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other
Yes, you can put your current employment in personal history, if you are not claiming points for this job, there is absolutely no need for you to attach reference letter of this job with your application. This will definitely work. Sometimes CIC can later ask you for some reference letter for a job you added in your personal history, if asked then you can provide, though this is very rare. Overall you are good to go. Good Luck.

nancygator

Star Member
Feb 17, 2017
Yes, you can put your current employment in personal history, if you are not claiming points for this job, there is absolutely no need for you to attach reference letter of this job with your application. This will definitely work. Sometimes CIC can later ask you for some reference letter for a job you added in your personal history, if asked then you can provide, though this is very rare. Overall you are good to go. Good Luck.
Got it, and many thanks!