Jul 28, 2015
AOR Received.
10-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
PR
LANDED..........
07-11-2017
Hello,

I have a few questions regarding the photos that are requested once you receive PPR.
Do they really need to be taken at a photo studio and by a professional photographer?

I'm having trouble finding a photo studio that will take these kind of pictures, however in my country there are many little stores where they can take "passport photos" and they can do them the size that CIC requests, however, I doubt that the people who work at these stores are professional photographers, and their stores are not photo studios per se, they do all kind of stuff: photocopies, rent computers, passport photos, etc etc.
Would this be a problem for CIC?

Thanks!

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Do you have a camera and a computer?

nmuntz

Jul 28, 2015
AOR Received.
10-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
PR
LANDED..........
07-11-2017
kryt0n said:
Do you have a camera and a computer?
Sure, but according to the doc http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf they specifically mention it must be at a photo studio and by a commercial photographer, so not sure.

mukulabd

Oct 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The photo just needs to meet the IRCC specifications. It does not matter how or where you get it taken. But mind well that if your application goes to further stages then you will need to send a physical photo.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nmuntz said:
Hello,

I have a few questions regarding the photos that are requested once you receive PPR.
Do they really need to be taken at a photo studio and by a professional photographer?

I'm having trouble finding a photo studio that will take these kind of pictures, however in my country there are many little stores where they can take "passport photos" and they can do them the size that CIC requests, however, I doubt that the people who work at these stores are professional photographers, and their stores are not photo studios per se, they do all kind of stuff: photocopies, rent computers, passport photos, etc etc.
Would this be a problem for CIC?

Thanks!
In this wording anybody that is offering such services legaly is a professional photo studio / photographer.
If those small stores are offering it why not. Just make sure that the photo is according to the requirements.