+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question regarding PCC (India)

BharatJain

Star Member
Jul 24, 2014
Hi,

I have a question regarding the PCC (Mumbai,India). My wife's passport has her old address embossed on it (Different State- Jammu). However, her present address is dffferent (Mumbai). She also does not have my name embossed on her passport but we have all other documents with the new address (aadhar card, pan card, marriage certificate) etc. Now, for the PCC is it advisable to apply for a re-issue of her passport with the new address and my name embossed? Or should we go ahead with the old passport since we have emple proof of her current address?

In the cic profile, we have entered the current passport number and this will change if we get a re-issued passport, so that is another worry!

Any advice is highly appreciated.

Thanks!!
Bharat

Marty_

Sep 10, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
Passport Req..
05-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2017
LANDED..........
Hi, as per new rules, you will need to apply for re-issue of passport. Make sure you select the tatkal option for this. You will receive the new passport in 2-3 business days.
I also had to do a reissue in Jan-17 for addition of spouse name for both my wife and I. Also when you apply for PCC, you will get it on the same day if your new passport had police verification completed.Else it'll take another 2-3 days.

BharatJain

Star Member
Jul 24, 2014
Marty_ said:
Hi, as per new rules, you will need to apply for re-issue of passport. Make sure you select the tatkal option for this. You will receive the new passport in 2-3 business days.
I also had to do a reissue in Jan-17 for addition of spouse name for both my wife and I. Also when you apply for PCC, you will get it on the same day if your new passport had police verification completed.Else it'll take another 2-3 days.
Hi thanks for the reply!

Just another question, the passport number entered in the cic website is of the current passport. However, this will obviously change after reissue. Is this fine? Also the medical was done this week on the old passport number!

Kindly suggest
Bharat

Marty_

Sep 10, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
Passport Req..
05-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2017
LANDED..........
BharatJain said:
Hi thanks for the reply!

Just another question, the passport number entered in the cic website is of the current passport. However, this will obviously change after reissue. Is this fine? Also the medical was done this week on the old passport number!

Kindly suggest
Bharat
Yes it is Ok. You need to mention it in LOE and also upload the old passport along with the new one on document upload page.
also check this link. http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/passport-renewal-after-medicals-t398029.0.html

BharatJain

Star Member
Jul 24, 2014
Marty_ said:
Yes it is Ok. You need to mention it in LOE and also upload the old passport along with the new one on document upload page.
also check this link. http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/passport-renewal-after-medicals-t398029.0.html
Great thanks I will upload both passports in the documents section and mention this in the LOE!