+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question regarding new temporary policy exempting some in-Canada applicants from medicals

reshah

May 26, 2018
Hi,

I got an ITA this weekend, and one of the required documents is an Upfront Medical Exam. I did an IME back in Aug. 2017 for a study permit extension application. I was reading that there is a Temporary public policy exempting some foreign nationals in Canada from requiring an immigration medical exam.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/temporary-public-policy-exempting-some-foreign-nationals-canada-requiring-immigration-medical-exam.html

The policy puts the following conditions:

The temporary public policy is in effect until December 28, 2021, and applies to in-Canada foreign nationals who
  • have submitted a new application for permanent residence or for a permanent resident visa or have a pending application for permanent residence and have not yet completed a new immigration medical exam
  • have completed an immigration medical exam within the last 5 years and were found to pose no risk to public health or safety, or complied with a requirement to report to public health authorities for monitoring, and
  • have not left Canada for more than 6 months in the last year to live in a country that has a higher incidence of a serious communicable disease than Canada, as outlined in the list of countries requiring an immigration medical exam

Does this include new applicants as well (not submitted their eAPR yet)? I am a little bit confused.

Thanks.