+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

question regarding multiple NOC jobs

avocado123

Nov 29, 2018
Hi there! I got confused about claiming points for FSW EE based on jobs under multiple NOCs:

I worked for 2 years under one NOC then switched to another position under a completely different NOC for another year and a month.

So I find I'm completely eligible for FSW.

But the question is, when I create online profile for the express entry, can I claim points for 3 years' experience (2 yr job + 1 yr job under another NOC)? Or do I only get points for my primary NOC (the 2 yr job)?

As I read this and got confused:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers.html#skilled
"Your skilled work experience must be: in the same type of job (have the same NOC) as the job you want to use for your immigration application (called your primary occupation) within the last 10 years"

Thanks in advance for any advices!

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi there! I got confused about claiming points for FSW EE based on jobs under multiple NOCs:

I worked for 2 years under one NOC then switched to another position under a completely different NOC for another year and a month.

So I find I'm completely eligible for FSW.

But the question is, when I create online profile for the express entry, can I claim points for 3 years' experience (2 yr job + 1 yr job under another NOC)? Or do I only get points for my primary NOC (the 2 yr job)?

As I read this and got confused:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers.html#skilled
"Your skilled work experience must be: in the same type of job (have the same NOC) as the job you want to use for your immigration application (called your primary occupation) within the last 10 years"

Thanks in advance for any advices!
Yes you'll get points for 3 years.
The statement you provided from the thread, only applies for the minimum requirement for work experience (i.e 1 year continuous in the same NOC). Meaning at least 1 year of work in one and only NOC. One may not work six months in NOC XXXX, 6 months in NOC YYYY, and claim 1 year of work experience.

After satisfying this requirement, you can add up any NOC types you want towards your work experience count.

avocado123

Nov 29, 2018
The statement you provided from the thread, only applies for the minimum requirement for work experience (i.e 1 year continuous in the same NOC). Meaning at least 1 year of work in one and only NOC. One may not work six months in NOC XXXX, 6 months in NOC YYYY, and claim 1 year of work experience.

After satisfying this requirement, you can add up any NOC types you want towards your work experience count.
Thanks!

SupaLiu

Oct 17, 2018

Just to clarify, are below scenarios(regardless of periodical order) okay?
FIRST SCENARIO: 2 years of 2282 (NOC B, user support technician) + 6 months of 1241(NOC B, administrative assistant) + 6 months of 1223 (NOC B, recruiter)
SECOND SCENARIO: 2 years of 2282 (NOC B, user support technician) + 6 months of 1123 (NOC A, professional occupations in advertising, marketing) + 6 months of 1223 (NOC B, recruiter)

Thank you!