+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question regarding Multiple job titles with same NOC & job responsibilities

india_user25

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
Hi All,

I have been working in the same company for last 6 years, over this time, I have got 2 promotions, but my nature of work and job responsibilities remained same.

In my express entry profile, I have mentioned all the 3 designations with the NOC code (2283 - same for all designations with same job responsibilities).

Ideally, how should have I mentioned this in my EE profile - 3 different designations or a single designation (current role) with the starting date of when I joined the company?

Also, in case if 3 roles are mentioned, while getting reference letter, can I get the common job responsibilities for all the three job designations under one section only?

cyronn

Aug 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
26-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2016
india_user25 said:
Hi All,

I have been working in the same company for last 6 years, over this time, I have got 2 promotions, but my nature of work and job responsibilities remained same.

In my express entry profile, I have mentioned all the 3 designations with the NOC code (2283 - same for all designations with same job responsibilities).

Ideally, how should have I mentioned this in my EE profile - 3 different designations or a single designation (current role) with the starting date of when I joined the company?

Also, in case if 3 roles are mentioned, while getting reference letter, can I get the common job responsibilities for all the three job designations under one section only?
Role matters to CIC not designations. Recommend you get one reference letter from your company specifying your role and make sure it follows the NOC requirement for that role.

india_user25

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
cyronn said:
Role matters to CIC not designations. Recommend you get one reference letter from your company specifying your role and make sure it follows the NOC requirement for that role.
So are you suggesting that I should keep all the three designations in EE profile and get a single reference letter from employer and upload the same letter in all the three rows.

cyronn

Aug 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
26-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2016
india_user25 said:
So are you suggesting that I should keep all the three designations in EE profile and get a single reference letter from employer and upload the same letter in all the three rows.
No. Keep only one row in EE. Ignore your multiple designations. Your organization will most probably give a letter specifying your current designation. That, alongwith your proper roles and responsibilities, will suffice.

ellia

Nov 12, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-10-2015
AOR Received.
22-11-2015
Med's Done....
23-11-2015
Passport Req..
16-05-2016
LANDED..........
04-07-2016
I have a similar situation, and here is the thread where I was asking about it, you might want to look through it for more opinions, but it all boils down to what cyronn said:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/a-question-about-job-titles-and-work-history-t381337.0.html

jain_akhil1988

Feb 2, 2019
Hi.
I am in the similar situation.. where I have got multiple promotion but roles and responsibility remained same for all....in this case I kept only one row in EE profile and mentioning only about the last designation held.
So, 1. when i get the reference letter, is it fine to get only one section defining the duties for the entire duration in that company?
2. Also, IF i keep only one section for duties, do i compulsorily need to mention about different positions/designations with dates?
Thanks..

kalani123

Star Member
Sep 28, 2019
Hi.
I am in the similar situation.. where I have got multiple promotion but roles and responsibility remained same for all....in this case I kept only one row in EE profile and mentioning only about the last designation held.
So, 1. when i get the reference letter, is it fine to get only one section defining the duties for the entire duration in that company?
2. Also, IF i keep only one section for duties, do i compulsorily need to mention about different positions/designations with dates?
Thanks..

Hi Akhil, whats is the solution which you have implemented. I am just creating my EE profile and confused.

harsh41291

Apr 25, 2020
Hi, I've worked under same noc code 6235 (FSR) but in 2 different designations (job promotion). Now my current manager is giving me 2 reference letters for 2 designations. My question is that most of the job duties of these 2 letters are exactly the same i.e. 6 common job duties in both letters out of a total of 10. Will that create any problem. If yes, any way out?

PS- My manager is friendly to me.

shendenishant

Dec 9, 2019
Hi.
Thanks..
Hi Akhil, Can you help us how did you proceed with this?

atulsingh2016

Aug 13, 2020
What is the final suggestion? Can someone suggest? Should we have latest designation (1 entry in EE profile) and include all titles in Employment letter? Thanks