xx-xx-xxxx
Passport Req..
28-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-11-2013
LANDED..........
10-04-2014
Dear All,
I got our PR Visa on 22 Nov. We have been given 6 month for landing Canada(I don't know why?). I would like to know from this forum, in particular help from experts.
Presently, I am working in India(central govt' job, sr. position) returning from Canada in April'13. We don't feel good about the location where we stay now. We would like to stay one more year due to some other constraints and then permanently go back to Canada to start new life again relinquishing this job.
I would like to know
(i) What is the suitable decision, if we are landing in April 1st week and come back after few days visiting some friend's home? In that case, can we apply for PR card from India? Do I need to show $10000 to immigration officer?
(ii) Is there any legal problem with my present job if I am getting PR without informing govt.? I applied before joining this job.
(iii) Finally, my kid's passport will expire in April'14 end. Can I apply for his passport renewal with this PR visa stamp? In that case, do I need to inform CIC about change of passport no. etc.?
Thanks to all, in advance!
CS

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CS2012 said:
Dear All,
I got our PR Visa on 22 Nov. We have been given 6 month for landing Canada(I don't know why?). I would like to know from this forum, in particular help from experts.
Presently, I am working in India(central govt' job, sr. position) returning from Canada in April'13. We don't feel good about the location where we stay now. We would like to stay one more year due to some other constraints and then permanently go back to Canada to start new life again relinquishing this job.
I would like to know
(i) What is the suitable decision, if we are landing in April 1st week and come back after few days visiting some friend's home? In that case, can we apply for PR card from India? Do I need to show $10000 to immigration officer?
(ii) Is there any legal problem with my present job if I am getting PR without informing govt.? I applied before joining this job.
(iii) Finally, my kid's passport will expire in April'14 end. Can I apply for his passport renewal with this PR visa stamp? In that case, do I need to inform CIC about change of passport no. etc.?
Thanks to all, in advance!
CS
This is a CEC forum page, I am sure you can get better answers by posting this question on other forum page, related to landings.
In general
1) You need a Canadian address to receive PR card. PR cards are not shipped abroad.
2. That you will need to ask your government/job, isn't it?
3. You need to land with the passport the PR visa is stamped on.