+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question regarding 'Inviter's financial statements' for TRV for Ukrainian friend

hausfrau

Aug 8, 2014
Hi everyone,

I am a PR in Canada and one of my friends from Ukraine is hoping to visit me and my family with her small son in early September. She's planning on coming for a couple of weeks. We haven't seen each other in a long time, so we're looking forward to catching up.

I've just been going through the inviter's requirements listed on the Embassy of Canada in Ukraine's website. It seems that I have to provide financial statements alongside my invitation letter. I started a new business (I'm self-employed) just over a year ago, so my last Notice of Assessment was under the low income level. My husband is also self-employed and his NOA was better, but still around the low income level. We have had a much better year this year - not spectacular but on the way up - and we've also been helped by our parents (which we have no record of on paper).

My friend and her son will stay with us so they won't need much money, aside from non-household incidental items, personal expenses and going out money. Does my (and my husband's) financial status have a big part in whether or not she is issued with a visa? (we make enough money to cover our bills, we're not in debt, etc., even though we don't have a high income.). I'm nervous that they may think we can't support her during her stay, even though we can, and even though she has spending money of her own. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you :)

rick1111

Star Member
May 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2012
Doc's Request.
06-03-2013
AOR Received.
23-07-2012
IELTS Request
Sent With Application.
Med's Request
06-03-2013
Med's Done....
12-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2013
LANDED..........
11-06-2013
hausfrau said:
Hi everyone,

I am a PR in Canada and one of my friends from Ukraine is hoping to visit me and my family with her small son in early September. She's planning on coming for a couple of weeks. We haven't seen each other in a long time, so we're looking forward to catching up.

I've just been going through the inviter's requirements listed on the Embassy of Canada in Ukraine's website. It seems that I have to provide financial statements alongside my invitation letter. I started a new business (I'm self-employed) just over a year ago, so my last Notice of Assessment was under the low income level. My husband is also self-employed and his NOA was better, but still around the low income level. We have had a much better year this year - not spectacular but on the way up - and we've also been helped by our parents (which we have no record of on paper).

My friend and her son will stay with us so they won't need much money, aside from non-household incidental items, personal expenses and going out money. Does my (and my husband's) financial status have a big part in whether or not she is issued with a visa? (we make enough money to cover our bills, we're not in debt, etc., even though we don't have a high income.). I'm nervous that they may think we can't support her during her stay, even though we can, and even though she has spending money of her own. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you :)
Hi
I think along with your recent Notice of assessment you can provide your current source of income information(pay stubs etc.) and in your invitation letter you can mention all about how the visiting person will be paying their own expenses and you will only providing housing and other necessary items as you are hosting guest. Hopefully some senior members can provide you with more details according to your situation . In your posting you should also mentioned about financial status of the visitor( employed , unemployed, how well they can support their visit and funds available etc). Hope that helps.