+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question regarding GCMS notes

InGodITrust

Star Member
Apr 10, 2016
ellia said:
Unless you had a ghost email/update or some other movement in your application, your notes will be mostly empty. If you order them now, you'll most likely just see the initial work that has been done on your application, it won't be much.
I ordered mine three months in, and there wasn't any info besides that. If you're worried about completeness check and don't mind ordering your notes twice, you can order them now. If you want to see as much information as possible, wait for at least 4 months since AOR, maybe even 5, or until your application starts moving after the 'dormant' stage, whenever that might be.
Very helpful, thanks.

canadianrrk

Mar 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
19-april-2016
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2017
ellia said:
Yeah, he should apply through the IRCC website, there should be a section for that in there somewhere. There will be two options, to apply via the Privacy act or the Access to Information act. The first one is free, but one can only use it if he applies for his own information. Your friend will have to go through the AIA, the government fee for that is 5 CAD, and you'll need to send him that same signed authorisation form (again, the scan only).
It'll be electronic copy via an email in both cases. I think there is an option to get the paper file via post, if you want that, though I'm not sure.
hello ellia,

Is it fine if I apply through AIA and enter my frends details(who is a PR) and enter my mail id......in that case as an fsw i pay only $5 and get GCMS directly to my mailid......

hope it wont be a problem if i enter the mailid which is registered with ircc and ask for notes instead of my frends mailid who is PR.

what are the attachments I need to make at the end of the page if i apply directly(without 3rd party like visafile etc) ....1 consent form and do i need to show a proof of my frend living there or anything.

Is it ok if i pay using debit card.

cheers,
Rrk.

ellia

Nov 12, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-10-2015
AOR Received.
22-11-2015
Med's Done....
23-11-2015
Passport Req..
16-05-2016
LANDED..........
04-07-2016
canadianrrk said:
hello ellia,

Is it fine if I apply through AIA and enter my frends details(who is a PR) and enter my mail id......in that case as an fsw i pay only $5 and get GCMS directly to my mailid......

hope it wont be a problem if i enter the mailid which is registered with ircc and ask for notes instead of my frends mailid who is PR.

what are the attachments I need to make at the end of the page if i apply directly(without 3rd party like visafile etc) ....1 consent form and do i need to show a proof of my frend living there or anything.

Is it ok if i pay using debit card.

cheers,
Rrk.
Sorry, just saw your message. I answered to your pm.
Again, I'm not sure you can pay with your own card, be it credit or debit - you'll have to try and see what happens, I guess.
And yes, your friend will need to submit the scan of their PR card as a proof that they can make the request.