+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question regarding GCMS notes

omsaiom

Aug 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have an agent who is good for nothing.
I was planning to order GCMS notes but in my profile email is that of agent.
Can I enter different email when ordering notes or it has to be same as that of EE profile?

Best Regards,
OMSAIOM

Amaljohan

Star Member
Jun 6, 2015
omsaiom said:
I have an agent who is good for nothing.
I was planning to order GCMS notes but in my profile email is that of agent.
Can I enter different email when ordering notes or it has to be same as that of EE profile?

Best Regards,
OMSAIOM
Yes you can order it from another mail of yours. They will send you the relevant form, you take a printout sign it and send it to the given address. Just 4 simple steps. I would suggest visafile.info , i got mine in 30 days and orderd my 2nd today.
Hope that helps

canadianrrk

Mar 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
19-april-2016
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2017
Amaljohan said:
Yes you can order it from another mail of yours. They will send you the relevant form, you take a printout sign it and send it to the given address. Just 4 simple steps. I would suggest visafile.info , i got mine in 30 days and orderd my 2nd today.
Hope that helps
Iam FSW outland, what is cost of GCMS for me from visa file info.

omsaiom

Aug 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Amaljohan said:
Hope that helps
Thankyou for your reply,
I am an outland FSW applicant.
When you say we need to send it to the given address do you mean that I need to post it or scan and email it.
Sending this document to Canada from India via FedEx will cost double the cost of ordering this notes and I don't know how much time it will take to reach Canada using standard India post.

ellia

Nov 12, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-10-2015
AOR Received.
22-11-2015
Med's Done....
23-11-2015
Passport Req..
16-05-2016
LANDED..........
04-07-2016
No need to send the hard copy, just scan and email it.

canadianrrk

Mar 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
19-april-2016
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2017
ellia said:
hello,

so once again can u brief the steps for GCMS notes, iam fsw outland, can i get email of notes or someone in canada only can get it?

cheers,
Rrk.

omsaiom

Aug 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ellia said:
Thankyou for your reply,
I will apply for GCMS notes shortly.

Best Regards,
OMSAIOM

ellia

Nov 12, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-10-2015
AOR Received.
22-11-2015
Med's Done....
23-11-2015
Passport Req..
16-05-2016
LANDED..........
04-07-2016
canadianrrk said:
hello,

so once again can u brief the steps for GCMS notes, iam fsw outland, can i get email of notes or someone in canada only can get it?

cheers,
Rrk.
If you were in Canada, you could've gotten your GCMS notes yourself, for free, I believe, directly through the government website.
If you have a relative or a friend in Canada who would agree to get them for you free of charge, you could get them for 5 CAD.
If neither is true, you can order them via a service like visafile or, in my case, gcmsnow.com. They'll cost about 23 USD (there are more expensive packages, but they're mostly redundant). It will take 30-45 days, though there have been cases where it took about 20 days.

First you have to apply for your notes and pay the fee via the service's website. Then they'll send you a form that you need to print, sign, scan and email them, for them to be able to request your personal information from the Canadian government.

After that, and after about 30 to 40 days from the date you send them the signed form, you'll get an email with your GCMS notes.

If you applied with your spouse, make sure to fill in the relevant section in the form, or his/her data will be redacted from the GCMS notes.

The service you'll use will send you pretty detailed instructions once you apply for the notes.

canadianrrk

Mar 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
19-april-2016
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2017
ellia said:
If you were in Canada, you could've gotten your GCMS notes yourself, for free, I believe, directly through the government website.
If you have a relative or a friend in Canada who would agree to get them for you free of charge, you could get them for 5 CAD.
If neither is true, you can order them via a service like visafile or, in my case, gcmsnow.com. They'll cost about 23 USD (there are more expensive packages, but they're mostly redundant). It will take 30-45 days, though there have been cases where it took about 20 days.

First you have to apply for your notes and pay the fee via the service's website. Then they'll send you a form that you need to print, sign, scan and email them, for them to be able to request your personal information from the Canadian government.

After that, and after about 30 to 40 days from the date you send them the signed form, you'll get an email with your GCMS notes.

If you applied with your spouse, make sure to fill in the relevant section in the form, or his/her data will be redacted from the GCMS notes.

Thank you very much ELLIA.....+1.....iam single applicant living outside canada, i have a frend who is in canada(PR).

So if he applies on my behalf is $5 and if i apply its $23.....the services website which u said is visafileinfo or the CIC site.

so even if i apply or my frend in canada does its an email notes i guess.

cheers,
Rrk.

The service you'll use will send you pretty detailed instructions once you apply for the notes.

ellia

Nov 12, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-10-2015
AOR Received.
22-11-2015
Med's Done....
23-11-2015
Passport Req..
16-05-2016
LANDED..........
04-07-2016
canadianrrk said:
Thank you very much ELLIA.....+1.....iam single applicant living outside canada, i have a frend who is in canada(PR).

So if he applies on my behalf is $5 and if i apply its $23.....the services website which u said is visafileinfo or the CIC site.

so even if i apply or my frend in canada does its an email notes i guess.

cheers,
Rrk.
Yeah, he should apply through the IRCC website, there should be a section for that in there somewhere. There will be two options, to apply via the Privacy act or the Access to Information act. The first one is free, but one can only use it if he applies for his own information. Your friend will have to go through the AIA, the government fee for that is 5 CAD, and you'll need to send him that same signed authorisation form (again, the scan only).
It'll be electronic copy via an email in both cases. I think there is an option to get the paper file via post, if you want that, though I'm not sure.

canadianrrk

Mar 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
19-april-2016
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2017
ellia said:
Yeah, he should apply through the IRCC website, there should be a section for that in there somewhere. There will be two options, to apply via the Privacy act or the Access to Information act. The first one is free, but one can only use it if he applies for his own information. Your friend will have to go through the AIA, the government fee for that is 5 CAD, and you'll need to send him that same signed authorisation form (again, the scan only).
It'll be electronic copy via an email in both cases. I think there is an option to get the paper file via post, if you want that, though I'm not sure.
Thank you very much.

InGodITrust

Star Member
Apr 10, 2016
ellia said:

Hi ellia,

When is it advisable to order these GCMS notes? It's been more than 2 months for me since AOR, so should I order it now or better wait for another month or two?

ellia

Nov 12, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-10-2015
AOR Received.
22-11-2015
Med's Done....
23-11-2015
Passport Req..
16-05-2016
LANDED..........
04-07-2016
Unless you had a ghost email/update or some other movement in your application, your notes will be mostly empty. If you order them now, you'll most likely just see the initial work that has been done on your application, it won't be much.
I ordered mine three months in, and there wasn't any info besides that. If you're worried about completeness check and don't mind ordering your notes twice, you can order them now. If you want to see as much information as possible, wait for at least 4 months since AOR, maybe even 5, or until your application starts moving after the 'dormant' stage, whenever that might be.