+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

question reg PR card processing time

explorer_on

Jun 12, 2012
Hello,

I have applied for my PR card renewal. I have a question regarding the application status/processing times shown on the cic website.

CIC Nova scotia recevied my application on sep 25 2012 and when i check the processing time it says 95 days and below it says working on the application received upto Aug 20 2012. My question is that

1. in my case 95 days would begin from the day when i would receive the acknowledgement / when it says working on application recvd upto sep 25 2012

else

2. has the countdown already begun???

Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

explorer_on said:
Hello,

I have applied for my PR card renewal. I have a question regarding the application status/processing times shown on the cic website.

CIC Nova scotia recevied my application on sep 25 2012 and when i check the processing time it says 95 days and below it says working on the application received upto Aug 20 2012. My question is that

1. in my case 95 days would begin from the day when i would receive the acknowledgement / when it says working on application recvd upto sep 25 2012

else

2. has the countdown already begun???

Thanks
95 days from the date that Sydney received it.

farid-

Apr 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well I was also thinking about it,as in my case application recievd on 13sep by sydney office. I m unable to see online status as they r working application till 31st aug. I will update u if something comes up. As I m before u but they r taking forever

farid-

Apr 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
good news finally i can see my online status. it says in process. i submitted my application on 09.13.2012. they started processing it on 10.31.2012. and now finally it says in process. will update you if something comes up.
best of luck

janay

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
Hi Farid
A.a.
How are you? Good to know that your case has been entered in the process? Did you apply on urgent basis? Please let us know. I applied for renewal too but for normal process. I posted my application on the 25th of this September. It was delivered in the first week of October. Website site shows that they are working on applications received upto August 27. Processing time for this week was 95 days. I do not find my application yet for processing on the website.
Please keep up dating us.
Thank you
Janay

explorer_on

Jun 12, 2012
farid- said:
good news finally i can see my online status. it says in process. i submitted my application on 09.13.2012. they started processing it on 10.31.2012. and now finally it says in process. will update you if something comes up.
best of luck
Thanks Farid for your reply.

Good to know that you are able to see your application status online. Mine still doesn't show up. It may take few more days i guess....Good luck with your application process.

Farid did you receive acknowledgement or something from cic?

I will update mine too once i receive something.

Thanks

Explorer

farid-

Apr 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry for late reply. U r right I even check the website today it says working on applications recieved upto 31 aug. Towards ur questions.
1. I applied on normal basis like u not urgent.
2. Applied on 13 sep. N was able to see my status last week nov. 10 or 11 I believe. Ur application is almost two weeks or so apart,so hopefully u will also be able to see it,next week.
3. No they didn't send me any acknowledgement I was also worried like u but online they recieve it sep 13 n started processing on 31 oct n I was able to see status on 11 I belive. So hopefully for u aswell might be able to see it,around nov. 20.
But I will update u if something new comes up.

farid-

Apr 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
any updates guys. mine still same in process. still hoping to get it before Christmas. i want to receive it before they close for Christmas holidays and to be very honest i don't trust Canada post too much specially during Christmas season lol. so let's see.

janay

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
Hi.
I received our application back last week. Objection is on the colour of our eyes.As in our PR cards ands Landing papers "other" was mentioned for eye colour, so instead of writing "brown" I chose the option of "others". I called CPC to get to know the solution.They were like: irrespective of what ever is written in your previous cards

or Landing papers, write the clour of your eyes and your children's whether black or brown, we can see from your photos.
I asked the lady, Can I apply now on urgent basis? she was like "Yes".
Now I will apply in urgent category by sending them my travel proof.

farid-

Apr 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oh OK i just saw today the processing time is changed and said working on applications till 09.21.2012. so i thought you might got some updates. if you are planning to go by all means send them the details. for me it just said in process so far nothing else. so let's see.
inshallah you will get it soon both of us have been through a lot so this is just the final stage and result of our efforts so inshallah soon

explorer_on

Jun 12, 2012
Re: question reg PR card processing time- not showing my status

Hello guys,

I just checked my application status and it says "not able to identify with the details provided". Processing time shows working on applications revved upto oct 1 2012. My application was recvd on sep 25 2012.

So can somebody suggest me what to do next?

Thanks would really appreciate your reply.

Explorer

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Call the CIC contact centre....it gets busy so be prepared to hold.

explorer_on

Jun 12, 2012
Well, I am in a different situation I live in USA but I have given my friends canadian address on the application. but in the application I had to mention that I don't live in Canada currently as they ask for recent 3 yrs tax return etc., so don't know whether to contact local office in USA else ask my friend to call cic Canada.

Thanks in advance.

Explorer

farid-

Apr 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Play it safe. In my opinion tell ur friend to call them. But let's see wht senior members say about it.