+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question re paperwork

iansaunders

Mar 22, 2008
Hi guys,

Was hoping someone could help me. I am applying within Canada for PR with my girlfriend of 2 years as my sponsor in the Family Class. I am orginally from the UK but I am deciding to do it through Canada.

Anyway, I have been trawling through the paperwork thats required but can't help but think I may doing too much, or even the wrong forms. For example, I have filled out both IMM 0008 (to be included in my sponsor's paperwork) and IMM 5002 (to be included with my application). Is this necessary? I have somehow ended up with two checklist giving contradictory information. Also, it appears that I may need to get two of the same police checks from my home country, one for my application and one to be included in my sponsor's paperwork.

One last thing, do I include the photographs, bills, letters and emails with my Permanent Residency application or my girlfriend's Application to sponsor?

Many thanks in advance,

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

iansaunders said:
Hi guys,

Was hoping someone could help me. I am applying within Canada for PR with my girlfriend of 2 years as my sponsor in the Family Class. I am orginally from the UK but I am deciding to do it through Canada.

Anyway, I have been trawling through the paperwork thats required but can't help but think I may doing too much, or even the wrong forms. For example, I have filled out both IMM 0008 (to be included in my sponsor's paperwork) and IMM 5002 (to be included with my application). Is this necessary? I have somehow ended up with two checklist giving contradictory information. Also, it appears that I may need to get two of the same police checks from my home country, one for my application and one to be included in my sponsor's paperwork.

One last thing, do I include the photographs, bills, letters and emails with my Permanent Residency application or my girlfriend's Application to sponsor?

Many thanks in advance,
Go back re-read the instructions. You complete the application, the medical, police certificates, gather your proof of common/law relationship, request for OWP. Then your c/law spouse includes everything with her sponsorship when it is sent to Vegreville. By the way don't ever refer to "girlfriend' to CIC/CHC as they may feel that there as not that much commitment, remember you are applying as c/law spouse.

PMM