+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question re: IMM 5562 "Your Travels"

YULer

Mar 22, 2018
Hello all,

I have already received my CSQ, and am currently filling out the paperwork for permanent residency on the federal side.

I've run into an issue with filling out form IMM 5562, "Your Travels". I'm an American, who studied in Montreal and then received a three year work permit following my studies. The form asks that I list all trips "take outside your country of origin or residence in the last ten years". Almost all of the trips I have taken in that time have been between the US (my country of origin) and Canada (my country of residence), so my trips have not really been "outside" of those countries. Would I still have to list trips between the two? I feel like the instructions could be construed in a couple of different ways...

If I do have to list these trips, this is going to be a very cumbersome task. I've probably travelled between the two countries roughly 50 times in the almost five years I have been living in Canada, and Canada stopped stamping my passport on entry a few years back. I'm not sure how I would provide accurate information.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

mgazi

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
CSQ June 2015
App. Filed.......
Jan 2016
Doc's Request.
Documents' Update November 2017
AOR Received.
28-02-2016
File Transfer...
Processing: 14-03-2016 / Pre-Arrival Letter: 27/11/17
Med's Request
Oct 2018
Med's Done....
Nov 2018
Passport Req..
Dec 2018 & Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2019
LANDED..........
ما شاء الله لا قوة الا بالله
Hello all,

I have already received my CSQ, and am currently filling out the paperwork for permanent residency on the federal side.

I've run into an issue with filling out form IMM 5562, "Your Travels". I'm an American, who studied in Montreal and then received a three year work permit following my studies. The form asks that I list all trips "take outside your country of origin or residence in the last ten years". Almost all of the trips I have taken in that time have been between the US (my country of origin) and Canada (my country of residence), so my trips have not really been "outside" of those countries. Would I still have to list trips between the two? I feel like the instructions could be construed in a couple of different ways...

If I do have to list these trips, this is going to be a very cumbersome task. I've probably travelled between the two countries roughly 50 times in the almost five years I have been living in Canada, and Canada stopped stamping my passport on entry a few years back. I'm not sure how I would provide accurate information.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.
Hello YULer

My consultant told me that I have to mention only the other travels done rather than those between my country of origin and my country of residence. that's what I did

so you don't have to list all the travels between US & Canada

Regards

Reactions: smallcoffee

kohinoor13ster

Jul 10, 2018
Hello YULer

My consultant told me that I have to mention only the other travels done rather than those between my country of origin and my country of residence. that's what I did

so you don't have to list all the travels between US & Canada

Regards
Hi Mgazi,

This form has a section named SPOUSE. Should a sponsor fill out this section if he/she is sponsoring his/her wife/husband?

Thanks,