+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question re: Family Class Sponsorship through a cousin

SandyUSA

Apr 16, 2008
I have a cousin who lives in Scarborough, Canada. He has lived there his whole life but is still a British Citizen (he was born in Scotland but moved to Canada when he was 2). Is he able to sponsor my family? I am assuming that is a ridiculous question and of course no, but I was just wondering anyway.

Regardless, if a family member was qualified to sponsor us (a family of 5), what funds and qualifications are necessary? If money is an issue, can we give our sponsoring family the funds to show they are financially capable of supporting us if we are unable to support ourselves, or am I ignorantly touching upon illegal areas now?

I have money saved and am wondering if I can transfer money to my cousin so that he can claim to have funds to support me (and so it is no worry to him or his wife) then hopefully get it back to actually do the supporting myself. Yes, I trust him if thats what you are thinking, but I know this is a stretch but I see others posting questions just as bazaar (ha ha). I am just trying to consider all of my options. I just want to be with my family.

Please let me know. Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

NAZ78

Mar 23, 2008
You are better off applying as a skilled worker than going through the family class route.
Your cousing does not qualify to sponsor you.

S

stewarpe

Does he has anyother family member in canada, yes he can sponser a relative