+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question ragearding my Express entry CEC Application

Hazneera1

Jan 2, 2020
Hi there, i have a question regarding EXPRESS ENTRY CEC category as I'm in the pool right now with a score of 460 and my open work permit will expire in march 19 2020 and i quit my NOC B job 2 months ago on 28 October 2019 and i am currently self employed since i left my job. If i get an invitation in january will my self employment be a problem to apply for Express entry CEC and also what are my chance of getting an invitation as i only have 3 months to survive or It's better to wait till the next 1 or 2 draws to see if the score goes to 460s. I'm also thinking of giving IELTS as a last resort. Please giveme some valuable suggestions. Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi there, i have a question regarding EXPRESS ENTRY CEC category as I'm in the pool right now with a score of 460 and my open work permit will expire in march 19 2020 and i quit my NOC B job 2 months ago on 28 October 2019 and i am currently self employed since i left my job. If i get an invitation in january will my self employment be a problem to apply for Express entry CEC and also what are my chance of getting an invitation as i only have 3 months to survive or It's better to wait till the next 1 or 2 draws to see if the score goes to 460s. I'm also thinking of giving IELTS as a last resort. Please giveme some valuable suggestions. Thanks.
No - your self employment will not be a problem.

It's not possible for any of us to say if the score will drop to 460 before your work permit expires. If you can increase your score by retaking IELTS - you should do that as soon as possible.

Hazneera1

Jan 2, 2020
Thank you so much for replying scylla.
So it means under CEC after completing 1 year of full time job NOC O A B even if i quit my job and stay un- employed while I'm in pool it wouldn't my file eh? Also i believe i don't have to show any funds in my bank account for CEC i suppose.
I was wondering if i can apply for Bridging open work permit without P.R invitation or apply for visitors visa. Do i have any chances of migrating from Ontario to other provinces of Canada with express entry score of 460 to get PNP.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Thank you so much for replying scylla.
So it means under CEC after completing 1 year of full time job NOC O A B even if i quit my job and stay un- employed while I'm in pool it wouldn't my file eh?
There is no requirement to be employed when you submit your PR application.

Also i believe i don't have to show any funds in my bank account for CEC i suppose.
Correct. But you will have to upload a letter in its place. See https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29

I was wondering if i can apply for Bridging open work permit without P.R invitation or apply for visitors visa.
No. You are not eligible for a BOWP until after you get an invitation AND you submit a complete eAPR.
You can certainly apply to change conditions from work permit to visitor, if it comes to that.

Hazneera1

Jan 2, 2020
Thank you so much jes_ ON. This group is amazing. Everyone is so helpful.
I just have one last question. As i have explained my status about express entry CEC profile. My OWP will expire in march 2020. As i will be waiting till march first week to see my chance of 460 will be invited in the pool.
If not i was thinking of going back to my home country ( INDIA) and apply from there if i get invited after March. Now my question is that Am i eligible for Express entry CEC if i move back to INDIA in March. As i already have 1 year Noc B job experience and PGDIPLOMA IN B.M. or there will be a problem for moving back to INDIA as Express entry CEC is for the ones who are living in Canada currently according to my understanding.
Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
If not i was thinking of going back to my home country ( INDIA) and apply from there if i get invited after March. Now my question is that Am i eligible for Express entry CEC if i move back to INDIA in March ... will be a problem for moving back to INDIA as Express entry CEC is for the ones who are living in Canada currently according to my understanding.
Your understanding is not correct. There is no requirement to be in Canada at the time you apply for CEC.

So yes, you can apply for CEC after you move back to India.

Hazneera1

Jan 2, 2020
Thank you so much for your response Jes_ON.
I was wondering if i have to collect any documents like police report( canada biometrics) medical documents or any other documents from Canada required to submit for express entry file before i move back to INDIA.

Also do i need to show funds while I'm in INDIA for CEC profile. I'm not quite sure as my Express entry profile shows that I'm qualified for both CEC AND FSW because i have 1 year of foreign experience. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

dsrshil94

Nov 27, 2019
What's your IELTS score? Try to bump up your CRS with it and get over with it. Try to receive ITA before the WP expiry and apply as soon as you can. Once you are in applied status, you can stay in Canada.

Hazneera1

Jan 2, 2020
Hi dsrshil94. My score is 460 and I'm giving ielts next week. I'm only asking these questions if i don't increase my score my WP will expire in march 2020. So a as a last i have to go back to INDIA as i don't want to stay as a Visitor. Thanks.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Thank you so much for your response Jes_ON.
I was wondering if i have to collect any documents like police report( canada biometrics) medical documents or any other documents from Canada required to submit for express entry file before i move back to INDIA.

Also do i need to show funds while I'm in INDIA for CEC profile. I'm not quite sure as my Express entry profile shows that I'm qualified for both CEC AND FSW because i have 1 year of foreign experience. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
If you are eligible for both and you receive an ITA, it will be for CEC class. CEC class does not have to provide proof of funds.

No, you do not need the Canada PCC (although a VO can ask for that later), you will need a medical but can get that in India.

You should try to get your letter of reference from your employer, and make sure you have all supporting documents (e.g. T4, NOA, record of employment (ROE) if you leave your job). You can get those later as well.

Hazneera1

Jan 2, 2020
Thank you so much jes_ON. In case if i get an invitation for my Express entry CEC profile when I'm INDIA. CAN I APPLY FOR BRIDGING OPEN WORK PERMIT to extend?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Thank you so much jes_ON. In case if i get an invitation for my Express entry CEC profile when I'm INDIA. CAN I APPLY FOR BRIDGING OPEN WORK PERMIT to extend?
No, unfortunately. One of the eligibility requirements for the BOWP is that you are in Canada. Another is that you have a valid work permit at the time you apply.

marcoch54

Jan 11, 2020
to apply for Express entry CEC and also what are my chance of getting an invitation as i only have 3 months to survive or It's b xender discord omegle etter to wait till the next 1 or 2 draws to see if the score goes to 460s. I'm also thinking of giving IELTS as a last resort. Please giveme some valuable suggestions. Thanks.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
to apply for Express entry CEC and also what are my chance of getting an invitation as i only have 3 months to survive or It's better to wait till the next 1 or 2 draws to see if the score goes to 460s. I'm also thinking of giving IELTS as a last resort. Please giveme some valuable suggestions. Thanks.
Retake IELTS. Do not assume the score is going to drop.

Hazneera1

Jan 2, 2020
Hi there, I'm in a dilemma. Here is my situation.
My current CRS score for express entry CEC is 488. I quit my NOC B job in October 2019. Since November 2019 i have been working as self employed independent partner for UBER as an Uber driver. But in my profile i didn't include any details of my current job as uber driver.

Also i worked as a customer service representative which is a NOC C category job in my intial stages of work permit for 1 year but i didn't include this job as well as it's not NOC O,A,B. Will it be a problem?

But i do have 1 year experience in NOC B and 1 year foriegn experience as Business Developer.

My understanding was according to express entry they only ask for NOC O,A,B to provide. That's why i didn't include my current job details.
Now if i get ITA on this Wednesday feb 05.

Will it be a problem because i didn't provide IRCC the job details of my current job or can i explain my situation in Letter of explanation.

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated