+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question / Post-Graduation Work Permit + SX-1 Visa

amp89

Jul 3, 2020
Good evening everyone,

I recently got my Post-Graduation Work Permit and I hold a valid SX-1 visa for multiple entries. I was wondering if I can use my SX-1 visa if I want to leave and return to Canada in the near future or if, as an open work permit holder, I need to apply for a different type of TRV. I am currently in Canada. As far as I am concerned, an SX-1 visa is a visitor visa with added permission to complete a short-term educational course within 6 months of arriving in Canada.

According to the information provided on the IRCC website, it seems that I do not need to apply for a new TRV, but I am not one hundred percent sure:

You can apply for a visitor visa from inside Canada if you meet all the conditions below:

• you’re already in Canada (yes)
  • you hold a valid study or work permit (yes - I hold a valid Post-Graduation Work Permit)
  • you want to leave and return to Canada in the near future (yes)
  • your existing visitor visa is expired or was valid for only one entry (no - I hold a valid SX-1 visa for multiple entries).
Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/apply-new-temporary-resident-visa-within-canada.html

Thank you in advance for your help.

ANGIEMON

May 6, 2022
Hi. I hope you read this. I have the same situation. Did you gave to apply for a different visa or your SX-1 was enough? Thanks