+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

question please? profissinal opinions please...

mr.lonely

Aug 3, 2009
hi, in the bachground check schedule1 ,the question about if you have been ever submit to a canda refugee or canada immigration or

permenant resident visa or a temporary visa ...i was submitted to a simplified application for skilled worker back in april 2008....in 25th

january the local office sent a letter saying that my application need further assessment and need to submit a complete application for

skilled worker and need further documents within 120 days otherwise the application will be refused...but at that time i was getting married

and we were getting ready for sponsorship application so i didnt send any further document or any thing....the problem is i just realized

that i didnt mintioned anything about that simplified application on the bachground check ...please any advices....

soldier123

May 6, 2009
Hello Mr Lonely.

I am not professional but I had the same situation as yours. What is the current status of your skilled worker process?
You will be able to see log in on E-Cas with your information and the Client Id. I submitted my files to skilled worker last year
in May, I got married and I contacted the visa office in my country for cancellation. The visa officer told me as long as they don't give you a decision, having a previous the skilled worker process is not going to impact on any other application.

mr.lonely

Aug 3, 2009
hi soldier actually i did my searchs and found out that my application has been refused (for the skilled worker) because i didnt submit the further documents needed to complete the application, so technically i didnt submit to any permenant resident application other than my sponsorship application....what i was submit was a simplified application form with very few amount of information and there is no way to consider it a permenant resident application... what do u think?

mr.lonely

Aug 3, 2009
soldier the problem is i didnt mention the simplified application in my background check....that is what im worried about because they may look at it as a mispresentation...but what i know is that this simplified application is not considering as permenant resident application because i never filled the form IMM0008egen which is for permenant residence ....did you applied for a complete application for skilled worker or a simplified application? and did you mention it in your bachground check?

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
Well its technically still an attempt to enter Canada.. simplified or not.. it would have been just easier to answer the question and then attach a note explaining what happened with your file. Just avoids any confusion!

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
Well for his case I hope they don't .. they will clearly see he did apply though. If questioned I think he could explain that he was confused by the question and wasn't sure if his situation applied. Hopefully they give him that chance.. It's better to be open and upfront then omitting details. It could be misrepresentation.. hopefully he gets a good IO :)

mr.lonely

Aug 3, 2009
to be logic i will say that the question in the background check says (previously sought refugee status in canada or applied for canadian immigration or permenant resident visa or temporary resident visa or visitor visa).....i didnt do any of these. but i was close to do the permenant resident visa but i didnt..hope the IO understand or at least notify me before he decide anything.