+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question on visitor visa application and PR application

karthicktalk

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
Hi - I have few questions, thanks in advance for your responses.

1. I have applied for a visitor extension for my daughter, it is still in progress, they have asked for medicals examination. I have also applied after a few months for her PR application(sponsoring my child), since PR application is paper based, i don't have acknowledgement yet, so, if i get acknowledgement of receipt, can i cancel the visitor visa extension application(even if the visitor visa extension expires)?

a. Will she be in implied status, if i cancel after acknowledgement of receipt(from her PR application)?

b. Will she be in implied status, if i cancel before acknowledgement of receipt(from her PR application)?

2. Also, if I do medicals for visitor visa, can I use the same medical for PR application (provided medicals are within a 12 months period)?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
1. No, there will be no implied status for your daughter as a result of receiving the AOR from her PR application. There is no circumstance where a pending PR application grants implied status. Implied status is only for temporary residence--students, workers, visitors. Your daughter, in this case, is a visitor.

You shouldn't cancel the visitor extension application at any point--her status is implied during the processing of this application, not the PR one.

2. Yes.

Last edited:

karthicktalk

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
Thanks.

So, if her visitor visa gets rejected (for say), will she be out of status, even though her PR application is pending?