Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-04-2017
Passport Req..
04-10-2017
Hi,

We are travelling from India to Toronto tomorrow and will reach there on Jan 31st. How should I take proof of fund with me? I have a prepaid card of 5000 cad, but the card name is CAD CARD, not my name. But its issued by my company(I am getting a transfer, so I have job in hand). Is it ok if I show 6 months bank statements till Jan 15th and the FD receipt and a bank letter from SBI stating I am maintaining an FD with them? We don't have any goods to follow. What about accompanying goods list? Should we fill it before travel or will we get the form in aircraft? Should we take photos with us for PR card? What else should we have with us for landing?

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
I think:

- Take the POF Letter that you used in your EE profile + a couple of recent statements
- You have to fill the BSF186 form for the goods you carry with you when landing and the BSF186A form for the goods that will follow you/fly by cargo (if any) - you may attach an Excel spreadsheet if the forms don't have enough lines

Since I am landing in a few weeks, I am also interested to know if I stand correct or not.

MattyTj

Mar 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think:

- Take the POF Letter that you used in your EE profile + a couple of recent statements
- You have to fill the BSF186 form for the goods you carry with you when landing and the BSF186A form for the goods that will follow you/fly by cargo (if any) - you may attach an Excel spreadsheet if the forms don't have enough lines

Since I am landing in a few weeks, I am also interested to know if I stand correct or not.
I’m pretty sure you do not have to use those forms for goods. You can just type out a list of goods and goods to follow with approximate CAD value. I’ve read the forms are optional and the CBSA officers will attach your list to a form and stamp it all. Good luck!

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
I’m pretty sure you do not have to use those forms for goods. You can just type out a list of goods and goods to follow with approximate CAD value. I’ve read the forms are optional and the CBSA officers will attach your list to a form and stamp it all. Good luck!
I also heard some people landed without the forms/just with the items list.

Never know.. it takes 5mn to fill/print the form so doesn't harm.

ashwani_pant

Apr 28, 2017
Hi guys,
I will be travelling from India to toronto on 2nd march.
Can someone who has just made the landing let me know what the process was like?
What all documents were reviewed?
As POF I will be carrying stamped bank statement of hdfc bank, no or minimum cash in hand. Will that do?
Thanks for help in advance.

rockytg

Apr 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2016
Doc's Request.
22-Apr-2016, Additional Doc Request 13-July-2016
Nomination.....
29-July-2016
AOR Received.
31-Aug-2016
Med's Done....
22 August, further tests 18 Sep, 11 Oct Meds passed
Passport Req..
06-Mar-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2017
LANDED..........
Jun 2017
At POE ensure you have the following
- passport
- COPR
In addition to the above I had the following documents with me, might not hold for all
- PR card application filled. This was not required at POE. The immigration officer just checked for passport and COPR and I was not required to fill or submit any form for PR
- goods to follow list(2 copies) I did not have goods to follow but I did take the form with me. Was not asked for it. If you have goods that you want to bring later then do carry this form with you.. was not asked for it by the immigration officer.
- goods accompanying list(2 copies) was not asked for it.
- 2 photograph. Was not asked for it.
- proof of funds document. I had with me the following
* Last 6 months bank statement
* Letter from bank(stamped and on bank letterhead) that I was having the required amount in my account
* International Debit/credit cart in case they ask how would I be transferring/using the funds in my account
* Online access to my account
As was the case with other documents I was not asked for it.
Landing formalities were pretty smooth and didnot take more than 7-8 minutes

Reactions: mattjp1

krazykm

Star Member
Dec 1, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-04-2017
Passport Req..
04-10-2017
Can anyone share accompanying goods form? It is a bit urgent as I am travelling tomorrow.

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
At POE ensure you have the following
- passport
- COPR
In addition to the above I had the following documents with me, might not hold for all
- PR card application filled. This was not required at POE. The immigration officer just checked for passport and COPR and I was not required to fill or submit any form for PR
- goods to follow list(2 copies) I did not have goods to follow but I did take the form with me. Was not asked for it. If you have goods that you want to bring later then do carry this form with you.. was not asked for it by the immigration officer.
- goods accompanying list(2 copies) was not asked for it.
- 2 photograph. Was not asked for it.
- proof of funds document. I had with me the following
* Last 6 months bank statement
* Letter from bank(stamped and on bank letterhead) that I was having the required amount in my account
* International Debit/credit cart in case they ask how would I be transferring/using the funds in my account
* Online access to my account
As was the case with other documents I was not asked for it.
Landing formalities were pretty smooth and didnot take more than 7-8 minutes
Thanks for the detailed post.

Where did you get the info that we need 2 photos when landing? I don't remember this requirement.

rockytg

Apr 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2016
Doc's Request.
22-Apr-2016, Additional Doc Request 13-July-2016
Nomination.....
29-July-2016
AOR Received.
31-Aug-2016
Med's Done....
22 August, further tests 18 Sep, 11 Oct Meds passed
Passport Req..
06-Mar-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2017
LANDED..........
Jun 2017
Thanks for the detailed post.

Where did you get the info that we need 2 photos when landing? I don't remember this requirement.
Not a requirement.
Just wanted to play safe, lest I get asked for photos.