+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question on Confirmation of Permanent Resident (COPR)?

Mr. Wannabee

May 8, 2011
On the Confirmation of Permanent Resident (COPR) --- There are 2 field "Last Entry Date" and "Original Entry Date" . My recent entry date was in 2010 when I came to Canada after visiting my country and my original entry date was in 2003. On my COPR both dates are my recent date of entry. When I landed in Canada as Permanent Resident I was bit stressed out and end up forgetting to mention it to to Canadian Border Service Person. (1) Should I wait to get my PR card first and then send an IMM 1436 application for the amendment? (2) What documents should I send along with the application (I guess photocopies of my old passport which has Canadian Immigration stamp at the port of entry)? Will really appreciate your help for these queries.

SaiSivaRam

Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
28-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2014
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
Just to let you know - on my CPR those two fields are empty - Border staff didnt even say anything about it - i think the most important date for you NOW is the date of entry as PR - it helps you/CIC to calculate number of days spent for Citizenship eligibility - please note that as per the recent citizenship bill (i am not sure whether its still at 'BILL' stage or has been passed and now considered as an 'ACT') pre-PR duration wont be considered towards Citizenship residency calculation, so I THINK your original date of entry may not be of concern anymore.

Mr. Wannabee

May 8, 2011
SaiSivaRam said:
Just to let you know - on my CPR those two fields are empty - Border staff didnt even say anything about it - i think the most important date for you NOW is the date of entry as PR - it helps you/CIC to calculate number of days spent for Citizenship eligibility - please note that as per the recent citizenship bill (i am not sure whether its still at 'BILL' stage or has been passed and now considered as an 'ACT') pre-PR duration wont be considered towards Citizenship residency calculation, so I THINK your original date of entry may not be of concern anymore.
Thanks for your feedback and thought. Really appreciate it . You Rock !!!! :)

SaiSivaRam

Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
28-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2014
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
Nice to know that my feedback helped you. I see that you entered Canada in year 2003 and very recently you got PR - in my case i am here from year 2009 and just got PR - with the new amendments to Citizenship Act, people like us who spent so much time as non-PR in Canada have no benefits for that period towards Citizenship - its very disappointing and there should be some talk on this - there is some severe agitation from people with similar thoughts and lets see if that shows any impact on law makers of Canada - good luck with all your future endeavors !!

immigrationaspirant

Oct 29, 2013
Mr. Wannabee said:
On the Confirmation of Permanent Resident (COPR) --- There are 2 field "Last Entry Date" and "Original Entry Date" . My recent entry date was in 2010 when I came to Canada after visiting my country and my original entry date was in 2003. On my COPR both dates are my recent date of entry. When I landed in Canada as Permanent Resident I was bit stressed out and end up forgetting to mention it to to Canadian Border Service Person. (1) Should I wait to get my PR card first and then send an IMM 1436 application for the amendment? (2) What documents should I send along with the application (I guess photocopies of my old passport which has Canadian Immigration stamp at the port of entry)? Will really appreciate your help for these queries.
Mine is all mixed up too. My original entry date is also my latest entry date.