+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question on citizenship form

priyankaj

Star Member
Oct 23, 2012
visited Hello Everyone,
I am applying my citizenship application.
I have few questions and I will be grateful if someone can guide me all those
  1. Question 9c have you lived outside Canada during eligibility period .. Is it yes or no
I visited other countried but never lived more than 60 days in total in 5 days
Should check yes or no?​
  1. Question 10(a) in the application form
It asked to fill ll address I live inside or outside Canada during my eligibility time?
I visited a couple of time in India, USA, and the UK in the eligibility period (i.e. immediate 5 years before applying the application ) but never lived more than 60 days in any of the countries in 5 years.​

• My doubt:-- Do I have to fill the address where I travel even for 2 weeks outside of Canada. Like travel 2 weeks to India to my parents do I have to fill that address too?
  1. Question 11. It asks what I was doing during my eligibility period
I completed my all three semester in 2014 Aug end . But did my Convocation ceromony in june 2015. I received my work permit in Nov 2014. During the period of Jan 2014 to Nov 2014 I was working as part time in university.

My Doubt:- For Sept, Oct, Nov 2014 i had valid Student visa but was not studying in university. I was waiting for my work permit . Which recived in end of Nov. And i was also looking for permanent job as new gradute
So Should write for those three months as looking for job or should i write as workin in univerity . I am confuse because i had valid student permit not valid work permit. However there is clause that after graduation you can live 6 months on you student permit
  1. Question 15 Proof on Language
Can i just attach my marksheet or do i have to attach my degree too
  1. Document checklist ID proof --
I do not have driving licence... Is PR card copy and Passport is enough

I guess what I am asking is in the following required documents with application is enough?
1) Degreee and Markesheet
2) Passport and PR card
3)Physical present calculator
4)Photo and fee

Few more things
1) How long it takes since I apply to my application and to get oath?
2) If during thatt period my status change like unmarried to married then what will i have to do and can it affect my application
3) if my adddress can i update it ?​

Last edited:

LadyA

Star Member
Dec 21, 2017
visited Hello Everyone,
I am applying my citizenship application.
I have few questions and I will be grateful if someone can guide me all those
  1. Question 9c have you lived outside Canada during eligibility period .. Is it yes or no
I visited other countried but never lived more than 60 days in total in 5 days
Should check yes or no?​
  1. Question 10(a) in the application form
It asked to fill ll address I live inside or outside Canada during my eligibility time?
I visited a couple of time in India, USA, and the UK in the eligibility period (i.e. immediate 5 years before applying the application ) but never lived more than 60 days in any of the countries in 5 years.​

• My doubt:-- Do I have to fill the address where I travel even for 2 weeks outside of Canada. Like travel 2 weeks to India to my parents do I have to fill that address too?
  1. Question 11. It asks what I was doing during my eligibility period
I completed my all three semester in 2014 Aug end . But did my Convocation ceromony in june 2015. I received my work permit in Nov 2014. During the period of Jan 2014 to Nov 2014 I was working as part time in university.

My Doubt:- For Sept, Oct, Nov 2014 i had valid Student visa but was not studying in university. I was waiting for my work permit . Which recived in end of Nov. And i was also looking for permanent job as new gradute
So Should write for those three months as looking for job or should i write as workin in univerity . I am confuse because i had valid student permit not valid work permit. However there is clause that after graduation you can live 6 months on you student permit
  1. Question 15 Proof on Language
Can i just attach my marksheet or do i have to attach my degree too
  1. Document checklist ID proof --
I do not have driving licence... Is PR card copy and Passport is enough

I guess what I am asking is in the following required documents with application is enough?
1) Degreee and Markesheet
2) Passport and PR card
3)Physical present calculator
4)Photo and fee

Few more things
1) How long it takes since I apply to my application and to get oath?
2) If during thatt period my status change like unmarried to married then what will i have to do and can it affect my application
3) if my adddress can i update it ?​
Question 1: do you need to write the adresses where you travelled for 2 weeks? -> NO.
Question 2: what to write? -> write what you did. If you were working, write that. If you were only looking for a job, write « unemployed ». If you were doing both, I think that « working in university » will be enough. Please, keep in mind that they can verify everything (T4, taxes...)
Question 3: which proof? -> is it the mark sheet for a diploma? You can put both. In my case, I put both.
Question 4: ID. Add the photocopy of your health card! Very important!
Question 5: how long it takes? it depends. Look at the spreadsheet. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16cfQUVB3j56QktacolbsAxpNlOrvk2uFGZzm_ZFCnfg/htmlview#gid=1166094029
Question 6: unmarried to married? If you statut changes, you can let them know using the web form. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp
Question 7: changing adress? Use the webform to inform them.

CIC website is very useful: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html#Step3

You will find the answers to your questions!!!

Last edited:

cazrypr

Star Member
May 15, 2012
Question 1: do you need to write the adresses where you travelled for 2 weeks? -> NO.
Question 2: what to write? -> write what you did. If you were working, write that. If you were only looking for a job, write « unemployed ». If you were doing both, I think that « working in university » will be enough. Please, keep in mind that they can verify everything (T4, taxes...)
Question 3: which proof? -> is it the mark sheet for a diploma? You can put both. In my case, I put both.
Question 4: ID. Add the photocopy of your health card! Very important!
Question 5: how long it takes? it depends. Look at the spreadsheet. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16cfQUVB3j56QktacolbsAxpNlOrvk2uFGZzm_ZFCnfg/htmlview#gid=1166094029
Question 6: unmarried to married? If you statut changes, you can let them know using the web form. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp
Question 7: changing adress? Use the webform to inform them.

CIC website is very useful: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html#Step3

You will find the answers to your questions!!!
Thanks for a detailed response. How about Question one If lived about 5 months in another countryv? We write that address? Thank you.

LadyA

Star Member
Dec 21, 2017
Thanks for a detailed response. How about Question one If lived about 5 months in another countryv? We write that address? Thank you.
Here is what I found on CIC website :
"Write all your addresses inside and outside of Canada you used during your eligibility period, including the postal codes, starting with your current home address. If you were residing, employed or attending school outside Canada, you must list all of your foreign addresses, including the postal codes or ZIP codes. Press the (+) plus button if you need more space. Provide information that covers the entire eligibility period. Do not leave any gaps during this period and do not leave this section blank. If you do, your application will be returned to you."

My opinion: it depends on what you were doing in that country. Do you consider that you were residing there? If yes, you should write it. Were you working, studying, running a business there? If yes, you should write it. Or were you just visiting? If yes, no need to write it. Again, that's my opinion.
Just to add: if you spent 183 days or more in that country ( for example 5 months that year + 15 days another year + 30 days another year), you must provide a police certificate.

Last but not least: visit https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/application-canadian-citizenship-adults.html . You will find (almost all) the answers to your questions.