+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question on CEC Eligibility - Please advise

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
Hi

I will be completing my 1 year of Canadian experience in July 2022. I created an express entry profile and submitted it yesterday .

I did mention the start month of my current job as July 2021.

But after submitting the profile it shows that I am eligible for CEC ! Is this correct

If not how do i correct it. I thought to be eligible for CEC one needs to have 12 months of work experience but in my case its only 10 months.

I do have work experience outside Canada

Screen shot below from Express Entry below

What am I eligible for?

What am I eligible for?

Program
Details
Help
Federal Skilled WorkerMetHelp - Federal Skilled Worker
Provincial Nominee ProgramNot MetHelp - Provincial Nominee Program
Canadian Experience ClassMetHelp - Canadian Experience Class
Federal Skilled TradesNot Met

Canadian Experience Class

To qualify for Express Entry, you must meet the eligibility criteria for the Federal Skilled Worker Program, and/or the Federal Skilled Trades Program and/or the Canadian Experience Class.

To qualify under the Canadian Experience Class, candidates must:
• plan to live outside the province of Quebec (Note: The province of Quebec chooses its own skilled workers. If you plan on living in Quebec, see Quebec-selected skilled workers for more information),
have at least 12 months of full-time (or an equal amount in part-time) skilled work experience in Canada in the three years before you apply,
• have gained experience in Canada with the proper authorization,
• have valid third-party language test results (that show they meet the minimum language threshold needed for the job in Canada in which they have most experience

Last edited:

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
I would create and submit your EE profile on the day you become eligible for CEC. But if you're already eligible for FSW that's fine too - in this case you would only be technically eligible for CEC if you receive an ITA after you've completed your full 12 months.

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
So should I delete this profile? The system is showing as cec eligible but I have given the dates correct

urvishpatel1996

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
Hi

I will be completing my 1 year of Canadian experience in July 2022. I created an express entry profile and submitted it yesterday .

I did mention the start month of my current job as July 2021.

But after submitting the profile it shows that I am eligible for CEC ! Is this correct

If not how do i correct it. I thought to be eligible for CEC one needs to have 12 months of work experience but in my case its only 10 months.

I do have work experience outside Canada

Screen shot below from Express Entry below

What am I eligible for?

What am I eligible for?

Program
Details
Help
Federal Skilled WorkerMetHelp - Federal Skilled Worker
Provincial Nominee ProgramNot MetHelp - Provincial Nominee Program
Canadian Experience ClassMetHelp - Canadian Experience Class
Federal Skilled TradesNot Met

Canadian Experience Class

To qualify for Express Entry, you must meet the eligibility criteria for the Federal Skilled Worker Program, and/or the Federal Skilled Trades Program and/or the Canadian Experience Class.

To qualify under the Canadian Experience Class, candidates must:
• plan to live outside the province of Quebec (Note: The province of Quebec chooses its own skilled workers. If you plan on living in Quebec, see Quebec-selected skilled workers for more information),
have at least 12 months of full-time (or an equal amount in part-time) skilled work experience in Canada in the three years before you apply,
• have gained experience in Canada with the proper authorization,
• have valid third-party language test results (that show they meet the minimum language threshold needed for the job in Canada in which they have most experience
For CEC, you can submit after you complete 11 months. It will let you submit and if there are any draws, you might also get an ITA. You should only submit your documents after you complete 12 months, but even if you do before, that's fine. As long as your job experience letter says you worked 1 year, that won't cause any issues. I did it too.

Reactions: neo69

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
For CEC, you can submit after you complete 11 months. It will let you submit and if there are any draws, you might also get an ITA. You should only submit your documents after you complete 12 months, but even if you do before, that's fine. As long as your job experience letter says you worked 1 year, that won't cause any issues. I did it too.
Thanks a lot. Appreciate the help