+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

question on AINP

lanhaiyu

Aug 12, 2016
Hi folks,

I just graduated from the Univeristy of Calgary, I am now doing my post-doctoral fellow work at the same school, am I eligible to apply for the AINP under the Post-Graduate Worker streem?

Jiujitser

Jul 13, 2016
Sorry to disappoint but there was an exact same situation a few days ago and there was a rejection of the case (I'm not allowed to post links but you could try to find the topic it's "AINP Stream for a postdoc" /canada-immigration-discussion-board/ainp-stream-for-a-postdoc-t444781.0.html )

Usually post docs don't make payments into pension plans and employment insurance that's why they are not considered full-time permanent employees by AINP.

MH_A

Star Member
Aug 12, 2012
lanhaiyu said:
Hi folks,

I just graduated from the Univeristy of Calgary, I am now doing my post-doctoral fellow work at the same school, am I eligible to apply for the AINP under the Post-Graduate Worker streem?

I am a postdoc at UofC and almost got rejected because of CPP and EI desuctions.
I talked a lot with the officer and convinced her to wait. Then I asked my supervisor to change my position to research associate that has CPP and EI deductions. Now I am waiting for my pay stub to send it to the officer. (Today I got another call from the officer asking for the pay stub).

Basically, being a PostDoc is a trap. PostDocs are considered as trainees, not employees (I realized that after I got the call from officer and digged further into the subject).
Unfortunately, there is nowhere in AINP website saying that CPP and EI are mandatory.

luckyang

Star Member
Aug 18, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MH_A said:
I am a postdoc at UofC and almost got rejected because of CPP and EI desuctions.
I talked a lot with the officer and convinced her to wait. Then I asked my supervisor to change my position to research associate that has CPP and EI deductions. Now I am waiting for my pay stub to send it to the officer. (Today I got another call from the officer asking for the pay stub).

Basically, being a PostDoc is a trap. PostDocs are considered as trainees, not employees (I realized that after I got the call from officer and digged further into the subject).
Unfortunately, there is nowhere in AINP website saying that CPP and EI are mandatory.
did you get your CPP and EI deducted finally after changing your title to associate?

MH_A

Star Member
Aug 12, 2012
luckyang said:
did you get your CPP and EI deducted finally after changing your title to associate?
Yes,
Now they deduct CPP, EI and something called PSPP. there is a lot of deduction (11% of salary) for the PSPP.

luckyang

Star Member
Aug 18, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MH_A said:
Yes,
Now they deduct CPP, EI and something called PSPP. there is a lot of deduction (11% of salary) for the PSPP.
How is your applicaiton now?