+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question of mistake for physical presence calculator form

abbb1255

Jun 20, 2018
Hi!

I just sent a citizenship application today but I just realized that I have signed physical presence calculator form with different date.

The eligibility date was 2018-06-20 but I signed with date: 2018-06-17.

Should I call to the office now? Please help!

Thank you all!

JPBless

May 14, 2018
Hi!

I just sent a citizenship application today but I just realized that I have signed physical presence calculator form with different date.

Thank you all!
Most likely they will return your application.

Certainly, there are more knowledgeable people on this forum who will chime in on this and might have better insight than I do.

Also note this...
A15: Print and sign the calculation (Physical Presence Calculator) and attach a copy to your Application for Canadian Citizenship - Adults. Make sure that the following dates are all the same:

• Date of application used in this calculation;
  • Date of signature on this physical presence calculator print out;
  • Date of signature on the form for Application for Canadian Citizenship - Adults

Last edited:

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
Hi!

Thank you all!

1. How many days over 1095 (cushion days) do you have?

2. Calling them won't make a difference; agents cannot do anything about such issues.

abbb1255

Jun 20, 2018
1. How many days over 1095 (cushion days) do you have?

2. Calling them won't make a difference; agents cannot do anything about such issues.
Thanks for your reply!

1. The total physical presence is 1534 days.

Thanks again!

RKNBI

Star Member
Oct 4, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you want save the pain just go to the courier ask them to retrieve the enevelope if they can

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
Thanks for your reply!

1. The total physical presence is 1534 days.

Thanks again!
As JPBless pointed out, you had to "Make sure that the following dates are all the same:
  • Date of signature on the form for Application for Canadian Citizenship - Adults"
Therefore, you shouldn't be surprised if they return your package. However, it is my opinion (which really does not matter) the premise of the instruction is based on the possibility of not having enough buffer days and for coherence from the processing agent point of view. You have more than 300 days... agents tend to be lenient for mistakes that specifically relate to eligibility days when you have a lot of buffer days. Hopefully, your file does not find one of those meticulous/anal retentive person in Sydney. I've made a few mistakes in my calculator (missed couple trips) but I'm now waiting for Oath.

Good luck!

P.S. you won't be able to retrieve the package from the courier. It's illegal with Canada Post.

However, if you are nervous and want peace of mind, you can resend the application with the correct date using the same payment receipt with a letter explaining what you did.

Reactions: abbb1255

abbb1255

Jun 20, 2018
As JPBless pointed out, you had to "Make sure that the following dates are all the same:
  • Date of signature on the form for Application for Canadian Citizenship - Adults"
Therefore, you shouldn't be surprised if they return your package. However, it is my opinion (which really does not matter) the premise of the instruction is based on the possibility of not having enough buffer days and for coherence from the processing agent point of view. You have more than 300 days... agents tend to be lenient for mistakes that specifically relate to eligibility days when you have a lot of buffer days. Hopefully, your file does not find one of those meticulous/anal retentive person in Sydney. I've made a few mistakes in my calculator (missed couple trips) but I'm now waiting for Oath.

Good luck!

P.S. you won't be able to retrieve the package from the courier. It's illegal with Canada Post.

However, if you are nervous and want peace of mind, you can resend the application with the correct date using the same payment receipt with a letter explaining what you did.
Thank you so much for your detailed and kind explanations!
If I want to resend, then I have to pay CAD630 one more time right?

Thank you so much again!

Dec 14, 2014
Thank you so much for your detailed and kind explanations!
If I want to resend, then I have to pay CAD630 one more time right?

Thank you so much again!
Nope. You can send copy of same receipt you paid earlier. Also write a cover letter explaining why you are sending another application.
<Just friendly advice, I'm not a lawyer >

Reactions: abbb1255

myuser9

Jun 25, 2018
Please help me with the clarification,... My husband got his work permit on Jan 31,2014 but at that time he used to work in USA so used to visit us on weekends until he permanently moved in to Canada on April, 2014.. so should i give the periods he visited me under "
List time with Canadian temporary resident or protected person status" and time he worked in US , should i provide under absence from Canada...Please advise