Hello everyone,

Here is my timeline -
Applied - Sept 16
AOR - Dec 1
BG Completed - Apr 26
Test Window update - May 2
Test Window - May 6 - May 26

Here is my situation -
I need to travel out of Canada from May 27 - June 11. So not sure what is the ideal date for me to appear for the test considering below questions?
  1. Should I inform them about this short term vacation out of Canada?
  2. How long it takes to receive the Oath ceremony invitation after completing the test?
  3. How much notice period (notification ahead of time) they give for the Oath ceremony?
  4. In the worst case, if I pass the test on May 10 and receive the Oath invitation, can I attend it from out of Canada if I receive the invitation between May 26 - June 11?
  5. What would you recommend for the ideal date to appear for the test?
Thanks so much everyone! Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated!

Cheers!
Kimi

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
You can take the test any time.

Even if you take the test today, you don't need to tell them of your travel plans. It usually takes a few months, at least 3, between the test and the oath. Your oath could be in August at the earliest. Some people have been waiting for 6-9 months, even more.

No you cannot take the oath outside Canada.

They should tell you about 1 week in advance, but in some cases, an oath date can appear in your online tracker well in advance.

Reactions: kimi_pat

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
You can take the test any time.

Even if you take the test today, you don't need to tell them of your travel plans. It usually takes a few months, at least 3, between the test and the oath. Your oath could be in August at the earliest. Some people have been waiting for 6-9 months, even more.

No you cannot take the oath outside Canada.

They should tell you about 1 week in advance, but in some cases, an oath date can appear in your online tracker well in advance.
6 months after test...1months after interview...