+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question: Min advertisement efforts

iecholderincanada

Jul 27, 2020
Hello,

Please see extract from BCPNP SI & EE BC Program Guide - Pg. 7:

Meet domestic labour market recruitment requirements

Employers must satisfy recruitment requirements in order for the BC PNP to ensure that the hiring of the foreign worker will not adversely affect employment or development opportunities for local candidates (Canadian citizens and/or permanent residents).

Subject to verification, the BC PNP will consider this requirement to be met if:

1. The foreign worker has obtained a valid work permit from Citizenship and Immigration Canada and is currently working for the supporting B.C. employer

OR 2. The employer can provide evidence of a genuine effort to recruit from the domestic labour market and is able to demonstrate the results of these recruitment efforts, including advertisements based on the following minimum requirements:
In my situation - I have been working for my current employer (who will support me in my BCPNP nomination) under an IEC working holiday, Open work permit for more than 12 months. Does this mean I meet the 1st requirement and do no need to get my employer to do a 14 day advertisement?

Thanks.