+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUESTION: MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE IN HK, NO NEED FOR ENDORSEMENT IN NSO?

fabanne12

Apr 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
October 7, 2013
hi ask ko lang po kc i was married there last 2001, and Naturalized Canadian Citizen po nung 2005, and I got divorced here in canada 2011, i have a boyfriend in Pinas po for more than 3 years po and since po hindi recognized ang divorce sa Pinas, We are planning to get married po sa Hongkong, because it is easier and cheaper po rather than filing a PETITION FOR RECOGNITION OF FOREIGN DIVORCE, possible po ba yun at wala po ba kaming magiging problema sa Candian Immigration if ever manghingi sila ng NSO copy ng Marriage Certificate, lalabas po ba still ung previous marriage ko if ever magpakasal po kami sa HK? please help me !

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
fabanne12 said:
hi ask ko lang po kc i was married there last 2001, and Naturalized Canadian Citizen po nung 2005, and I got divorced here in canada 2011, i have a boyfriend in Pinas po for more than 3 years po and since po hindi recognized ang divorce sa Pinas, We are planning to get married po sa Hongkong, because it is easier and cheaper po rather than filing a PETITION FOR RECOGNITION OF FOREIGN DIVORCE, possible po ba yun at wala po ba kaming magiging problema sa Candian Immigration if ever manghingi sila ng NSO copy ng Marriage Certificate, lalabas po ba still ung previous marriage ko if ever magpakasal po kami sa HK? please help me !
If you could post the entire thing in English, you might get a better answer.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
fabanne12 said:
Did you register your first marriage in NSO?

Redtitot

Star Member
Jan 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-12
File Transfer...
02-11-12
Med's Done....
12-09-12
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-5-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-07-2013
LANDED..........
25-07-2013
fabanne12 said:
Hi sis. Ito ang ginawa namin. Same tayo ng case. 5 yrs na kami ng husband ko and we got married sa hongkong last yr kasi he was married in the phil nung 1999 and nagdivorce sila sa canada na. Hindi na namin pina.recognize yung div dito, instead, we got married in hongkong. What we did was pass the original marriage cert from hk when we passed our application kasi it says there na 'if not married in the phil, we can pass the original and no need for NSO.' pero pinaregister namin yung kasal namin sa phil embassy in hongkong and sila na nagforward sa NSO dito. June last yr kami kinasal an I already have my NSO MC and AOM pra ready in case CEm asks for it. So far wala naman ako naging prob sa NSO and any other legal stuff sa pinas. And Canada will recognize the HK marriage kasi the rules where the maariage took place will be followed, eh recognized sa hk ang div.. Sana nakatulong ako sis. Good luck! :)

fabanne12

Apr 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
October 7, 2013
Hi, REDTITOT :)

Thanks sa reply, but what is your current status now? Are you here now in Canada??? What is AOM? Kasi me and my BF we are really planning to get married in HK sa September, kasi the lawyers in Phils. are asking too much money for the Petition for Recognition for foreign Divorce to be recognized in the Phils., which we really don't have, we are just to people wanted to be together but because of the Laws in the Phils, it is preventing us to be together :(

Sis, pwede mahingi email mo? if possible and where did you read that part saying that the marriage will be followed where the divorce is recognized? please and thank you, napagaan mo nararamdaman ko, right away tinawagan ko BF ko kahit madaling araw :)

fabanne12

Apr 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
October 7, 2013
HI STEPH, Yes it was registered in NSO 2001 after I got married there :(

fabanne12

Apr 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
October 7, 2013
HI REDTITOT,

When you got the NSO of your MC, di ba nag object ang NSO since hindi pa nabubura sa system nila yung previous marriage nung Hubby mo? by the way is he Fiipino?? and baka kc magkaproblema ako since nasa system pa ng NSO yung previous marriage ko, di pa nagkadiscrepancy sa asawa mo since he was the one married there (Pinas)??? Please help me...I am so helpless :-[

Redtitot

Star Member
Jan 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-12
File Transfer...
02-11-12
Med's Done....
12-09-12
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-5-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-07-2013
LANDED..........
25-07-2013
fabanne12 said:
HI REDTITOT,

When you got the NSO of your MC, di ba nag object ang NSO since hindi pa nabubura sa system nila yung previous marriage nung Hubby mo? by the way is he Fiipino?? and baka kc magkaproblema ako since nasa system pa ng NSO yung previous marriage ko, di pa nagkadiscrepancy sa asawa mo since he was the one married there (Pinas)??? Please help me...I am so helpless :-[
Hi sis. Andito pa ako pinas. Waiting pa ako ng ppr. Hopefully soon. Anyway, Kasi my hubby and his ex-wife are now both canadian citizens. They filed for divorce 2010 and na.grant naman nung 2011. I know how you feel kasi parang helpless dba maging together eh first step pa naman is to get married. Grabe yung research ko nun ako lng naghanda lahat. Nakita ko naman na yung rules ng hongkong and canada ang maaapply sa inyo if ever you pursue hk marriage. I even saw someone here saying they didn't report their marriage to phil embassy in hk thus they didn't have the NSO MC and AOM. Just the orig MC. And they got approved. I just cant recall who it was, pinoy din.. Pero ako nanigurado lng, I got my NSO marriage certificate and advisory on marriages last month pa. You have nothing to worry about sa AOM coz it's gonna be your bf's AOM, not yours. It would only appear in there that your bf's name now appears on the indices of marriages and is married to you. That's what I have now. Kinabahan din ako nun pero I was glad it turned that way. :)

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
fabanne12 said:
having my DIVORCE recgonize in the Philippines which is way too much, I mean very expensive, we have been told by this lawyer about $7,000 and we don't have that much money to spend for the PETITION FOR RECOGNITION OF FOREIGN DIVORCE
How could they ask for that much money? Annulment is even cheaper then that.

Redtitot

Star Member
Jan 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-12
File Transfer...
02-11-12
Med's Done....
12-09-12
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-5-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-07-2013
LANDED..........
25-07-2013
Steph C said:
How could they ask for that much money? Annulment is even cheaper then that.
Exactly steph! Only this petition for recognition is quicker than annulment. I never thought it costs that much.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Redtitot said:
Exactly steph! Only this petition for recognition is quicker than annulment. I never thought it costs that much.
:eek: It doesn't make any sense!

fabanne12

Apr 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
October 7, 2013
Steph it does, because Phils, doesn't recognize Divorce so in order for my previous marriage to be dissolved, it has to be recognize through Petition to recognize Foreign Judgement/divorce, that is why I am asking around here, if it is better for me and my BF to get married in Hongkong since divorce is honored there, but my dilemma is that I am scared of having problems when we start the sponsorship, since my Bf is the applicant and the papers, will have to be process in Manila...

by the way anyone knows PPR / PPR Stage??? :(

thanks

fabanne12

Apr 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
October 7, 2013
REDTITOT,

I sent you an email !!! Take Care ;D

doljan

Sep 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
mnl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 24, 2012
Doc's Request.
mar 25, 2013
Med's Done....
apr 24, 2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
mar 25, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
apr 8, 2013
LANDED..........
apr 22, 2013
fabanne12 said:
Steph it does, because Phils, doesn't recognize Divorce so in order for my previous marriage to be dissolved, it has to be recognize through Petition to recognize Foreign Judgement/divorce, that is why I am asking around here, if it is better for me and my BF to get married in Hongkong since divorce is honored there, but my dilemma is that I am scared of having problems when we start the sponsorship, since my Bf is the applicant and the papers, will have to be process in Manila...

by the way anyone knows PPR / PPR Stage??? :(

thanks
maybe try to expand your research more... i mean, most of the people here in the forum want to help or share their experience but you have a sensitive case here and you should have more research and open mind to get the right answer. (not the answer that you like to hear)

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
fabanne12 said:
Hi Parker24,

here is my situation, I was married in the Philippines to a Canadian Citizen in 2001, became Naturalized Citizen 2005, marriage broke down and got divorced 2011, and I have a Boyfriend in the Philippines for more than 3 years, during this time in our relationship, I travelled in the Philippines 4 times to see him, and we planned to get married, but since I am still married under Philippine Law, we cannot get married there, the option we are looking into now is having my DIVORCE recgonize in the Philippines which is way too much, I mean very expensive, we have been told by this lawyer about $7,000 and we don't have that much money to spend for the PETITION FOR RECOGNITION OF FOREIGN DIVORCE, so we decided to get married in HongKong, it is cheaper there travel wise and the price for the marriage ceremony itself, but our problem now is, If I sponsor him after we get married in HK, will the Canadian Immigration recognize it, since the Applicant would be from the Philippines which is my BF, I check the Document checklist for the applicant and they are asking for a National Statistic Office copy of the Marriage Licence, which we will not have because we will be having ht HK Marriage Certificate, I want to make sure first on what we should do, so we will not have any problem in filing the sponsrship in the Canadian Immigration, we are just 2 people inlove and wanted so bad to be together, and star a new life as husband and wife in this beautiful country Canada, I want to share my life, experiences and everything here with him, please help :'(
Okay. In order to be married in HK, you MUST be divorced in Philippines. No ifs, ands or buts about it. The only way around it, is to be COMMON LAW with your current SO. So you need to live with him for a year.