+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question: IMM 5406 Additional family information

Odonga

Oct 28, 2020
Hi everybody,

in the form IMM 5406 additional family information the first section, Applicant and spouse marital status: Married-physically present or not physically present. What does this question mean?
Do they mean the applicants spouse is here in Canada or what? Please explain this question.

Armen0

Apr 3, 2020
I don't really know, but according to immigrationdirect.ca
Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) has to be completed by the primary applicant and every member of the family who is over 18 years of age, whether or not they are accompanying the primary applicant to Canada.
Which documents to fill should be on your main application document cheklist.

Reactions: Odonga

mmursali

Oct 3, 2017
Hi, I am sponsoring my parents. Me, my wife and my only son are Canadian Citizen. I have a question regarding IMM 5406 online (not the paper one) form. I initially thought I will have to provide information for my parents, their children's (i.e us) and their siblings and this this is what the instruction says for the paper form. However, when looking at the online portal, it says the following:

"
Additional family information
What is this form for?

We need information about your family:

• Parents
  • Children
  • Spouse
  • Siblings
You don’t need to complete this entire form in one sitting. To save your progress on this form, click “Save and continue.” You can return to this form later by clicking “View my applications” on the homepage.
Before you get started
You (the principal applicant) must fill out this form for yourself and on behalf of any of your family members 18 years of age or older who are not already Canadian citizens or permanent residents. Enter all names in English and in your native language (for example, Arabic, Cyrillic, Chinese, Korean or Japanese script or Chinese commercial/telegraphic code). If a section does not apply, write “Not Applicable."
Before you start, read the instruction guide."
-------------------------------------
Here is my question:

You (the principal applicant) must fill out this form for yourself and on behalf of any of your family members 18 years of age or older who are not already Canadian citizens or permanent residents.

Does this mean I as a Canadian citizen do not need to provide my information on this form?

Anyone please help!

Lizzieq

Aug 2, 2019
Hello, could you please help me with the following

I am filling in the form IMM 5406, but I am not the principal applicant,my husband is. So whose name do I need to write in "Applicant" (the first line) mine or my husband's?

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015 (Urdu Nikah Nama)
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
Hello, could you please help me with the following

I am filling in the form IMM 5406, but I am not the principal applicant,my husband is. So whose name do I need to write in "Applicant" (the first line) mine or my husband's?
Whoever is applying for the PR or refugee should write the name so if your husband is principal applicant than his name should be written