01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
mumbaikar said:
I am a postdoc with 1.5 years of experience and I got my PhD from Canada [Got my PhD from BC and working in ON now]. Today I made an express entry profile and immediately I got a message that I am ineligible. Wondering why? [I have an IELTS score of 7; Proof of funds (C$):15000; # of family members : 1]. I used the NOC code 2113 (geophysicist). Should I use the code 4011 as I am also a sessional lecturer at the university? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
You probably answered one of the questions wrong. Remember, you cannot use any work experience gained while you were a student. At the end of the entry on work experience, there is a question that asks about conditions, such as -
"Studying full-time while doing this job?" If you answered YES, then the work experience is not eligible. So make sure you include only the period of time you were working on a work permit, and answer "no."

mumbaikar

Star Member
May 16, 2012
jes_ON said:
You probably answered one of the questions wrong. Remember, you cannot use any work experience gained while you were a student. At the end of the entry on work experience, there is a question that asks about conditions, such as -
"Studying full-time while doing this job?" If you answered YES, then the work experience is not eligible. So make sure you include only the period of time you were working on a work permit, and answer "no."
Thanks for your reply. I think my problem was I forgot to add my Canadian experience when they asked to list work experience [I had added my work info in the section where they had asked if you have a valid job offer but forgot to add in the following section where you have to add all your previous work experience]. Also I had indicated LMIA is waived because of international agreement. I made a new profile rectifying those mistakes and now it is accepted.

Nadeem123

Jun 4, 2017
Hi fellow postdocs,
I am currently working as a postdoctoral fellow and I will be completing 2 year work exp in Canada (I have CPP and EI deductions). Have anybody applied under NOC 4011 code and got the PR under express entry? My contract is 11 months more, is it necessary to have one more year experience when we get the PR in my case? My PhD is from India (got accredited from Canada)?
Anybody here who got PR through express entry? I need help to start my application. Please get back to me @ nadeembiotech@gmail.com, would be happy to give you a treat. :)

sat8979

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
Hi fellow postdocs,
I am currently working as a postdoctoral fellow and I will be completing 2 year work exp in Canada (I have CPP and EI deductions). Have anybody applied under NOC 4011 code and got the PR under express entry? My contract is 11 months more, is it necessary to have one more year experience when we get the PR in my case? My PhD is from India (got accredited from Canada)?
Anybody here who got PR through express entry? I need help to start my application. Please get back to me @ nadeembiotech@gmail.com, would be happy to give you a treat. :)
Hi Nadeem, I assume that you are currently working as a pdf and have completed 1 year and 1 months of 2 year contract?

Based on the above, you can now apply for ee and get points for both experience and canada job offer. It is not necessary to complete one more year.

I applied under NOC4011, but had teaching components as well in addition to have some random admin responsibilities. I suggest you apply under 4011 if your job responsibilities and duties match with it, otherwise please see the NOC whicb closely matches your research, say 2121 or 2221.

Hope this helps.

Give me a treat when you get your PR.:):)

Reactions: RoRoy and yhan

Nadeem123

Jun 4, 2017
Hi Nadeem, I assume that you are currently working as a pdf and have completed 1 year and 1 months of 2 year contract?

Based on the above, you can now apply for ee and get points for both experience and canada job offer. It is not necessary to complete one more year.

I applied under NOC4011, but had teaching components as well in addition to have some random admin responsibilities. I suggest you apply under 4011 if your job responsibilities and duties match with it, otherwise please see the NOC whicb closely matches your research, say 2121 or 2221.

Hope this helps.

Hello Dr, Thanks for your reply and clarification. Just have one doubt that my position is "Postdoctoral Fellow" and that comes under NOC 4011, if I apply EE under NOC 2121 (Microbiologist) that suits my job responsibilities, is there any problem as my experience letter from HR/Prof will say working as Postdoctoral Fellow? Thanks in advance and yes your treat is sure thing :) Did you take any help from a lawyer or consultant, if yes, I would really appreciate if you share the contact info.

sat8979

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
Hello Dr, Thanks for your reply and clarification. Just have one doubt that my position is "Postdoctoral Fellow" and that comes under NOC 4011, if I apply EE under NOC 2121 (Microbiologist) that suits my job responsibilities, is there any problem as my experience letter from HR/Prof will say working as Postdoctoral Fellow? Thanks in advance and yes your treat is sure thing :) Did you take any help from a lawyer or consultant, if yes, I would really appreciate if you share the contact info.
You can tell your supervisor to mention it as PDF doing his research in the field of "Microbiology" or similar. I am sure your supervisor can write whatever you tell him to write. If you don't have teaching /admin responsibilities then I wouldn't use 4011.

Never used a consultant or lawyer - the entire process was straightforward -tons of information here. Save the money and/or donate in charity. :)

fatemeh1357

Mar 10, 2017

Hope this helps.

Hi postdocs, please help....

I am pdf currently in Canada my first year pdf started July 2016 and I applied under express entry, AOR 16 May ( I had some other teaching experience which makes 1 year full time working for the university of my current pdf) . I had a letter for another renew for my postdoc which will star from July 2017 to July 2018, so I claimed 50 for this 1 year job offer. But its 5 months that I applied there is no news , I have too much stress. its still in eligibility check. I am scare that maybe they do not accept my job offer, since its already started,

AOR: 16 May
medical passed : 28th July
BG: NA

ashrafa123

Sep 6, 2017

I am pdf currently in Canada my first year pdf started July 2016 and I applied under express entry, AOR 16 May ( I had some other teaching experience which makes 1 year full time working for the university of my current pdf) . I had a letter for another renew for my postdoc which will star from July 2017 to July 2018, so I claimed 50 for this 1 year job offer. But its 5 months that I applied there is no news , I have too much stress. its still in eligibility check. I am scare that maybe they do not accept my job offer, since its already started,

Hi Brother. Hope you are doing great. Did you get your PR with one year job offer. I am in the same boat. I have one year job offer.

postdoccec

Aug 22, 2018

Hey Did you get your PR?

postdoccec

Aug 22, 2018

Hey! Any update?

RoRoy

Nov 7, 2019

Hope this helps.

Can anyone confirm this? If I'm still working as a postdoc in the same university, but the remaining time is less than a year, will the job offer valid for 50 points?