+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question Confusion for spousal Visa applying from Abu Dhabi.

aism.abbas

Star Member
Jun 23, 2013
United Arab Emirates
Category........
Visa Office......
Abudhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-09-2013
Doc's Request.
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
31-08-2013
File Transfer...
11-09-2013
Med's Done....
17-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2014
LANDED..........
17-07-2014
Hi guys,
I am opening this topic for the people collecting there documents for the submission from UAE so we can help with our reviews and ppl from the past experience.

I am applying on family class sponsorship as me and my wife(Canadian Citizen) staying outside Canada from last one year.

1. I was studying in Kazakhstan and till to date i was not able to generate Police certificate from there as they wont issue to non-resident from the consulate and going there to get just police certificate i don't think its possible for me at this stage. Did any one have same problem please help if I can apply without police certificate from Kazakhstan.

2. Me and my wife are staying in Dubai from one year and she wont be able to provide financial evaluation to support me as she didnt earned alot, she was a fresh graduate from university.

3. consulted some of immigration consultant they ask we have to show six month statement with funds xx dollar for x no of people, Where as i cant find this in the list of documents proof of funds for me and my wife to settle in canada. Can any one help whether some one has submitted same.

WoodyKatie

Oct 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 31, 2012
File Transfer...
Dec. 12, 2012
Med's Done....
Oct. 9, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 29, 2013
LANDED..........
October 2, 2013
There's no minimum income requirement for spousal sponsorship. Your wife(sponsor) just need to provide proof/s of intention to re-established/come back in Canada once you have been approved in PR application. You dont need an immigration consultant in order for you to complete the application. Most didnt have.. Just follow the application guide and be free to ask questions in the forum, Im sure everyone here will be willing to help you as long as they can. :)

Sorry, I dont have an idea about your police clearance. I know there are other forumers who can help you.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
1 - if you have tried everything you possibly can, and have failed to provide a Police Record, include the info about what you have tried, and state in a letter that you will keep on trying and will send the certificate at a later date. As you'll be going through AbuDhabi and it's a really long waiting time, keep trying. Once they open your file, they might ask you for the certificate again. If you have it, great. If you don't, but you can show that you kept on trying, then you may ask them to wave the requirement of a Police Record.

2 - there is no minimum income for sponsors. My partner was still a student at university, but he was approved. What CIC wants to see if that you have a plan, and you and your wife will not go on welfare when you arrive in Canada. If you and your wife have savings, state it. If her family will host both of you when you arrive in Canada, get them to write a letter about that. If you have skills that are transferable in Canada, explain that. If your wife already has an idea of what type of job she will get when she comes back, have her explain all of that. As long as you have a plan on how to support yourself, it should be all good.

3 - If your wife is employed, she needs to get a letter from her employer stating her salary etc. stick to the checklist and the guideline. Your immigration consultant is wrong. Get another one!! most of the time, unless you have a very complicated case, you can do the application on your own. Having a consultant won't speed up your case. You can use the forum here for specific questions, then read the guideline, follow everything, and it should be fine ( unless you have a complicated situation, sponsoring children from previous marriage etc.)

Good luck,
Sweden

aism.abbas

Star Member
Jun 23, 2013
United Arab Emirates
Category........
Visa Office......
Abudhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-09-2013
Doc's Request.
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
31-08-2013
File Transfer...
11-09-2013
Med's Done....
17-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2014
LANDED..........
17-07-2014
@woodykatie,

I was trying to get a consultant but after visiting two or three of them i came to discover they need money and none of their quotes matach with each other.....thank you for advice..

@sweeden,

I trying contacting my old friends there but the problem is the certificate is issued from Astana while all of them are living in Almaty which is 21 hours drive.Also please can you state how should i show them.email phone calls done to friends and consular section of Kazakhstan is not supportive here in UAE.

AS such we dont have saving as such but only i have worked with a company from 4 yrs as per UAE law they have to pay me end of service benefits, which are going to be enough on the initial stage

I already got the letter from my IN-LAWS maybe it will help. :)

My wife is trying to arrange a offer letter or a letter stating that she will get the employment as soon as she reaches there, still no luck.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
For your wife, if she can not get an actual letter, she can show that she has started looking for work, and show how her qualifications could apply, and what else she could do etc. Also get the information about service benefits to show that you have a plan.

for the Police Record: document how you tried to obtain a police record. Although I understand it's not practical for your friend to drive half way across the country, that will not be a good reason for CIC. Maybe see with them if they have friends there etc....

Good luck,
Sweden