+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question around Proof of Work Experience letters

TechManChris

Apr 19, 2017
Hi all,

In the process of collecting my Proof of Work Exp. letters for my EE application. The wording on the CIC website, to me at least, seems a little vague, and I want to make sure I get the correct documents.

Particularly, I'm interested in the two bold sections in the quote below:

I worked for my previous employer in three different positions, and two for my current employer. Would this mean I need two letters, one from each covering all employment; or five letters, equaling one for each actual Work Experience entry in my application...?

Any information is much appreciated.

Thank you.

The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:

a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits;

yousafnoor

Dec 26, 2007
You must be having promotion letter from each employer. Just attach the main HR service letters from both and individual upgrade memos/letters will suffice for the overall experience.
I did the same and were accepted without any problem.

sabashahid

Apr 15, 2017
TechManChris said:
Hi all,

In the process of collecting my Proof of Work Exp. letters for my EE application. The wording on the CIC website, to me at least, seems a little vague, and I want to make sure I get the correct documents.

Particularly, I'm interested in the two bold sections in the quote below:

I worked for my previous employer in three different positions, and two for my current employer. Would this mean I need two letters, one from each covering all employment; or five letters, equaling one for each actual Work Experience entry in my application...?

Any information is much appreciated.

Thank you.
Thats okay thats not a problem I went through that its not a bid deal.

TechManChris

Apr 19, 2017
Thanks for the information both!

Just to clarify, one from each employer that covers all roles I had there should be correct?

Thanks again! :D