+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question after PGWP application submission

jchen371

Oct 7, 2020
Hi, everyone, I have some question about the implied status.

I have submitted my PGWP application with complete document before my study permit expire. Am I still eligible to work full time after my study permit expire and until CIC make final decision on my application? Would this working experience time be counted into my CEC Canadian work experience?

And there is another question that I am still wondering can I work full time and apply a study permit to study part time to obtain a certificate during my 3-year PGWP? If it possible, would it be counted into my CEC education experience?

Thank you all.

jchen371

Oct 7, 2020
You can work full time as soon as you apply provided you meet the conditions, study permit no longer matters after you are on implied status you can work until a decision is made.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/work/after-graduation/after-you-apply.html

Yes PGWP implied status work accounts for express entry.
Grate! can I work full time and apply a study permit to study part time to obtain a certificate during my 3-year PGWP? If it possible, would it be counted into my CEC education experience?

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Grate! can I work full time and apply a study permit to study part time to obtain a certificate during my 3-year PGWP? If it possible, would it be counted into my CEC education experience?
NO idea if its possible to hold both at the same time.