+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about work permit

delhi_itguy

Star Member
Feb 19, 2022
Hi,

I have applied for ICT Work Permit through my employer - one of the biggest IT companies in India, which has a sizable presence in Canada as well. My salary offer is above the median in British Columbia.

I applied for US visitor visa some 22 years ago, when I was 21. It was refused thrice within a period of 15 days because I couldn't show enough reasons to return. I have travelled to Russia, extensively in Europe and Russia after that. I have mentioned this in IMM1295E - will this affect my chancing of getting work permit?

Another question - about a stupid mistake. I realized that mistakenly I entered date of birth of my mother (who won't be going with us) and daughter (I have applied visa for her). I raised a Web Form sating the same and uploaded corrected document as well - but I haven't received any confirmation. Is this ok?

My family and I gave Biometrics on 11th Feb - by when we can expect our WPs and visa?

Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

I have applied for ICT Work Permit through my employer - one of the biggest IT companies in India, which has a sizable presence in Canada as well. My salary offer is above the median in British Columbia.

I applied for US visitor visa some 22 years ago, when I was 21. It was refused thrice within a period of 15 days because I couldn't show enough reasons to return. I have travelled to Russia, extensively in Europe and Russia after that. I have mentioned this in IMM1295E - will this affect my chancing of getting work permit?

Another question - about a stupid mistake. I realized that mistakenly I entered date of birth of my mother (who won't be going with us) and daughter (I have applied visa for her). I raised a Web Form sating the same and uploaded corrected document as well - but I haven't received any confirmation. Is this ok?

My family and I gave Biometrics on 11th Feb - by when we can expect our WPs and visa?

Thanks
If you declared the refusals in your application then you are fine. No affect.
If you raised ab webform for birth dates, then you did the right thing. You will not receive confirmation.

Yetz

Star Member
Mar 31, 2022
Congratulations on your work permit. When you applied for the WP, Did you attach police character certificate? I also applied for WP last month, waiting for my PPR but I didn't submit a police character certificate, Not sure if it's mandatory or not.